Dish Network

/ Dish Network #1  

ArmyPair2

Silver Member
Tractor
NorTrac/40XT
:thumbsup: This morning Dish dropped some channels from the Turner Network and once again had to make the aggressive phone call. I called Dish at this number (1 800 333-3474) and talked to the first representative which told me that he could give me $ 5.00 dollars off for the next six months on the bill. I told him that was not good enough and I have been a valued customer all these years and I want a better deal.When I told him I bet Direct TV had the channels I want he said let me let you talk to his higher up that could authorize more options to keep you as a customer .

When I was transferred to a supervisor I told her the $5.00 deal was not good enough for me and what can she give me to stay with dish. She told me that she can knock off $ 25.00 a month for the next three month plus will give me some premium channels for free also for three months like max, movie channel and star.
For a bonus she would also send me three free pay preview movies that we have to use within 90 days. It pays to sound mean sometimes on the phone and aggressive. When I asked her what else can I squeeze out of you she just laughed and I was already happy with what I got.

If you own Direct TV and a contract dispute happens again like it did a few months back maybe something like I did can help you in the future.

/ Dish Network #2  
I recently upgraded for "free" to Genie and supposedly got $6 per month for the next 12 months off my bill. The catch is I had to sign a 2 year contract and when I turned in my "old boxes" I was charged for three pay-per-views I'd ordered back in 2006 and 2008! In other words I paid for them twice. I argued it til my heart was content but they knew I wasn't going anywhere since I just signed a two year contract. I'll remember this when my two years is up and will demand one heck of a deal or else I'll be walking.

/ Dish Network #3  
Hmmmm - - I have had Dish for a loooong time and have never had to sign any contract. Not so with my AT&T phone. Every time I blow my nose or change my phone service with AT&T, its a new two year contract. Amazing, how many services they want to provide to get me back under their two year contract.

/ Dish Network #4  
Hmmmm - - I have had Dish for a loooong time and have never had to sign any contract. Not so with my AT&T phone. Every time I blow my nose or change my phone service with AT&T, its a new two year contract. Amazing, how many services they want to provide to get me back under their two year contract.

You generally have to sign a two year contract with DISH to get the latest DVR equipment. If you don't upgrade your equipment you aren't asked for a contract.

/ Dish Network #6  
I recently upgraded for "free" to Genie and supposedly got $6 per month for the next 12 months off my bill. The catch is I had to sign a 2 year contract and when I turned in my "old boxes" I was charged for three pay-per-views I'd ordered back in 2006 and 2008! In other words I paid for them twice. I argued it til my heart was content but they knew I wasn't going anywhere since I just signed a two year contract. I'll remember this when my two years is up and will demand one heck of a deal or else I'll be walking.

I just upgraded our DirecTV equipment too. I also went with the Genie but with wireless boxes vs. the hard wired ones. Normally they will only give you 2 wireless boxes and $100 install vs the wired ones they will do for free. I put enough pressure on them that they gave me 3 of the wireless boxes and gave me the install for $50. I then also got them to give me $20 off per month for 1 year. I then persuaded them to let me keep our old DVR box and add it into the mix for $6 per month. So now we have TV on 5 TVs in the house and I can move 3 of those boxes around to anywhere in the house that I want them.

/ Dish Network #7  
I planning on cutting Dish Network after football season. I only get it for the live sports and with major networks and HBO announcing they will be selling content direct to consumers without being packaged in a Cable or satellite bundle it's only a matter of time until we can get live sports over the web.

/ Dish Network #8  
We had Dish here for awhile. When a receiver went bad, they sent me a new one "under warranty" but I had to pay a stiff "Shipping" charge. So when the next one went bad and I called and got an idiot in their support section who said it was the remote control and he'd send me a new one (for which I'd play shipping charges again), I decided I'd had enough. I may not be too smart, but I knew for a fact the receiver was dead; not the remote control.

So we had DirecTV; not bad service, but they just kept trying to sneak price increases in. When I'd call, they'd offer a little discount for awhile; the last one finally being $20 a month for 2 years. When that 2 years expired they jumped the price $26 and when I called I got a guy who said nothing could be done about it.

So I changed to Charter Cable and when I called to cancel DirecTV, the lady tried everything she could think of to get me to change my mind, including cutting our bill in half and giving us a bunch of premium channels we'd never had. I told her she was too late, so they still send stuff in the mail about once a month trying to get us back.

When I signed up with Charter, the guy told me how much it would be for TV, telephone, and Internet, and said after a year it would go up $20. Well, I guess he "forgot" about some fees and taxes because from the start it was just over $20 more than he'd said. And this month is one year and the bill that just came includes an increase of $59.12.

Is there any honest company in the business?

/ Dish Network #9  
Is there any honest company in the business?

No, I don't think there any honest ones in this business. Between my own experiences with cable and dish and others experiences that I have talked to or read about, I hear about the same old song and dance (as you have experienced) from each one. :smiley_aafz:

/ Dish Network #10  
Dealt w/ similar issues w/ DisH Network. Canceled service completely. I purchased an Antenna & am getting almost 40 channels including local - all for FREE. That was almost 4yrs. ago. I have saved thousands $$$. LOVING EVERY PENNY!! A matter of fact I took my savings & purchased a Tractor.
No, I don't think there any honest ones in this business. Between my own experiences with cable and dish and others experiences that I have talked to or read about, I hear about the same old song and dance (as you have experienced) from each one. :smiley_aafz: