Coating inside of tractor fuel storage tank?

/ Coating inside of tractor fuel storage tank? #1  

MNBobcat

Platinum Member
I have a couple hundred gallon fuel storage tank on a stand. I've not used it yet. It does have a filter on it.

I'm wondering if I should invest in something like this in a gallon size ($103.00) to coat the inside of the tank and lock-in any loose rust before I use it? Looking for your thoughts. Don't know if that would be overkill and I should just rely on the filter.

/ Coating inside of tractor fuel storage tank? #2  
I used one of those kits on an older backhoe that had some rusting in the tank. Pretty straightforward to use.

/ Coating inside of tractor fuel storage tank? #3  
I have a couple hundred gallon fuel storage tank on a stand. I've not used it yet. It does have a filter on it.

I'm wondering if I should invest in something like this in a gallon size ($103.00) to coat the inside of the tank and lock-in any loose rust before I use it? Looking for your thoughts. Don't know if that would be overkill and I should just rely on the filter.

A coating is always a good thing, but in general it depends on how full you keep the tank and with what type of fuel. For instance, gasoline is hydroscopic so it will absorb some water where diesel will not. The difference being that the water will be sitting on the bottom of the tank, and possibly rust it.