A HERMIT Want A BE

/ A HERMIT Want A BE
I have a good ( Most of the time ) time with the people when in town. Usually get them smiling & in general most are helpful.
Check out folks most always ask "How are you". I usually answer with something like "I'm Sober".. Usually takes them back a little, as the expect fine or other normal answers. Some say that's too bad or that's good. Then another from me Well I'm looking for a cure & other outrages silliness..

At the Indian store where I get beer, 1 of the clerks often carries it out for me. (2 30 packs). Last time a guy I'd never seen before, he works outside, stayed until I finished & carried it out for me. Girl there taller than I am (6') & weighs less (Me 135) carries it out when she is there. & so on.

More Later Check out my thread "Bad Day At Black Rock.
Jim

/ A HERMIT Want A BE #22  
JIm I did make a suggestion on how to get along with neighbor .

Now is she also buying something like a pizza to go along with your 30 pack?

Is she the one calling in the middle of the night.

So may possibilities going on.

ken

/ A HERMIT Want A BE #23  
No argument from me! I have lived here with just my dog for 5 years and never regret the move. I'm 1.5 hours away mostly on dirt roads from the nearest city (ignore the ripoff merchants at the closer village) and go every 2nd week on average for supplies. I could manage for longer but I need petrol for the generators (no mains here) and LPG for the gas fridge where space is limited and I do like fresh milk - and good Australian wine!.

The city people are very mixed - some excellent but several real sh#theads but for building materials, tractor, hardware bits etc there is no choice. For many things, the Internet is great - order on line, get postal delivery to the corner of the road. My office where I do some work on the Internet overlooks the dam and bushland. The record collection keeps me amused. The dog and the possums are real friends - so who needs humans?

Ahhhhh. You are just exactly the person my wife says I would be without her...and I think she might be right. I covet your situation, but I am satisfied with an acreage on the outskirts of town. I need my grandkids fix at least once every 2 weeks or so.

/ A HERMIT Want A BE #24  
Thanks for the kind comments. Almost everything here is second hand, including me and the dog! For those interested, the house is all stone with the sandstone corner blocks rescued from a retaining wall some bloody philistine had built from convict cut stone, recycled from a 1800 era bakery. The rest came from around the property and nearby roads. Earth mortar (sandy soil and cement) binds everything together and has lasted 35 years so this old technique does work. The slab was hand-poured bush concrete that explains the lumpy floors. The kitchen.bathroom, entry areas are topped with split slate. Only the roofing materials, meaning rafters, insulation blanket, windows and steel cladding were new.

I'm currently building an extension under one veranda for use as a book and record library so I can move the clutter that is taking over the place - there is about a ton of stone ready but I'll need at least 2 more tons. I love working with stone, despite the weight. It is thermally efficient looks good and is free!

Here are some more pictures, including one of the boss - Jenna. I'd never get anything done without her help, except I wish she would put tools back after using them - it would save me looking for them all the time!.

Cheers from Oz

Attachments

• Uralla Homestead 3 (600 x 402).jpg
    Uralla Homestead 3 (600 x 402).jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 133
  • stone_for_library (600 x 450).jpg
    stone_for_library (600 x 450).jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 121
  • farm_library (483 x 600).jpg
    farm_library (483 x 600).jpg
    85 KB · Views: 118
  • Jenna_portrait_130309 (503 x 600).jpg
    Jenna_portrait_130309 (503 x 600).jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 89
   / A HERMIT Want A BE #25  
Check out folks most always ask "How are you". I usually answer with something like "I'm Sober".. Usually takes them back a little, as the expect fine or other normal answers. Some say that's too bad or that's good. Then another from me Well I'm looking for a cure & other outrages silliness..

LOL ... "I'm looking for a cure." I like that one :)

When people ask how I am, I usually say "Old, fat and ugly." Funny thing is, they'll respond to only 1 of the problems - like "You're not fat."

/ A HERMIT Want A BE
LOL ... "I'm looking for a cure." I like that one :)

When people ask how I am, I usually say "Old, fat and ugly." Funny thing is, they'll respond to only 1 of the problems - like "You're not fat."

It is fun to poke fun.
Often I will say, mean, nasty, rotten & those are my good points, as I would not anything bad about myself.

When done, "Sorry to be such a crab, hope your next customer is nice.

/ A HERMIT Want A BE #27  
2Lane, I might be like that too without me wife! Ain't good for me though! This reminds me of a song me old buddy wrote, part of it:

"I am just a country boy,
raised in the woods you see.
Once a month my family went to town,
But they never took me.
Then one day about the age of 9,
I got up the courage to ask why.
My Mama took me in her loving arms,
As she spoke she began to cry.
She said son, - we - love you,
But you're too ugly to take to town.
I guess you must've wondered why,
We couldn't keep a dog around..."
Etc.

Love it!!

/ A HERMIT Want A BE
I should have gone to town on Thursday.
But said to heck with it.
Friday a bad day for town.
Saturday, almost made it. Did get as far as the local Ace Store.
Now Sunday would be a good day, not many people shopping.??
Well maybe Monday would be even better??
I'll bet I make it by Tuesday or Wednesday.
Gota think about these things & really get in the mood. :D