Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year.

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year. #1,231  
....No beer today _ so far Maybe later, depending how I feel

I done now,
See Ya,
Jim
Jim, I'll be drinking my first beer in your honor.... :drink: (also, for your the dogs) :eek:die:

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year.
#1,232  
Good morning folks,
Thanks for the replays. appreciated.
A forgotten thread, give it a read.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/rural-living/288439-bad-day-black-rock-2.html

Time to get started, but body says stay close to the potty. No fun there. Chances are it will be too hot to get anything done outside. Went out & got a little bit done, damm little, but something.

Bah humbug.
Gave Doug 1/2 of a catfish, went to cook my 1/2 a while ago, & it had gone south. Threw it out, Bobby went & ate it. Hope it does not make her sik.
Doug used my formula for cooking fish. Dip in corn meal, a little salt & lemon pepper. Said it was really good. I personally had never cooked a fish that way. Cooked trout in corn meal & butter. had cone catfish with lemon pepper. Guess it came together pretty well. Have another fish better cook or freeze it.

I sure need some kind of pain pill that works Pain sure gets old quickly. & Its been going on for months or over a year since it got real bad.

I have turned into a real curmudgeon. Not much that does not irritate me any more. Fast talking, commercials, Bobby barking in the house. ( can not teach her not to.). Ears have gotten real sensitive & magnify every sound. Floating rib pops all the time, You can actually hear it at times, most of the time not painful, but sure is irritating. At the moment it hurts.

More later,
Jim

#1,233  
Merry Memorial Day, to all of you.
I hope you took time out to give thanks to the people that made it possible for us to have the freedom & to live in the greatest nation on earth. Although I was in over 5 years, Nothing I did was close to what other folks have.

enjoy your friends & family, just don't forget who made it possible for you enjoy their company without fear of being shot or maybe died for all of us. I was quite happy that it is just me, Bobby & dog. No desire to talk to anyone.
Have a wood pecker hanging on the screen looking in. They are a goof acting bird.

Firm decision today. I AM NOT going to become some kind of an invalid.

Played with weeds a little. With shirt on & a light jacket. Tomorrow, going to move the weed operation to a shady place. Once buckets planted will set them in the little red wagon that I built several years ago.
wagon box.jpg - wagon load.E.jpg

Well a few things were accomplished to day. Small, but so much better than doing nothing.
Got the new blade on the band saw, man does that thing cut now. Tested it on a piece of scrap wood. WOW
Used it to cut off the end of my cane, got rid of the cap on it that I didn't like. It was a little longer than I wanted so that worked out good. Got both ends glued in, so now its good to go. :laughing:

Dug out the little deep fat cooker. The 8/10 year old oil was just a tad stinky. warmed it up some & dumped. Filled with soap & water, boiled that for a while. Next boil it out with clean water, then it will be ready to make potato chips, french fries & maybe onion rings. Chips will just be barely cooked & will be a lot healthier than store bought. Wish I knew where to get things like powered sour cream & so on. Salt, onion & garlic no problem.

Ground up some nuts, do not taste so hot. May just give up on that. Quit waste in $$ on things I'm not going to eat.

This goes in the big bathroom. No springs. Sure simple to use.
2 roll holder.jpg

Must have done another thing or 2. But can't remember them at the moment.

More later.
Jim

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year. #1,234  

More later.
Jim

Happy Memorial Day to you and everyone Jim!

The last sentence in your post sound like what I say to my better half when she comes in and wants to know 'what I did all day'.

The last thing I usually say was something like that. 'Well and a few other things but I can't remember'. :D

TBS

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year. #1,235  
I hope you took time out to give thanks to the people that made it possible for us to have the freedom & to live in the greatest nation on earth. Although I was in over 5 years, Nothing I did was close to what other folks have.

enjoy your friends & family, just don't forget who made it possible for you enjoy their company without fear of being shot or maybe died for all of us. I was quite happy that it is just me, Bobby & dog. No desire to talk to anyone.
Have a wood pecker hanging on the screen looking in. They are a goof acting bird.

Firm decision today. I AM NOT going to become some kind of an invalid.

Played with weeds a little. With shirt on & a light jacket. Tomorrow, going to move the weed operation to a shady place. Once buckets planted will set them in the little red wagon that I built several years ago.
View attachment 511050 - View attachment 511051

Well a few things were accomplished to day. Small, but so much better than doing nothing.
Got the new blade on the band saw, man does that thing cut now. Tested it on a piece of scrap wood. WOW
Used it to cut off the end of my cane, got rid of the cap on it that I didn't like. It was a little longer than I wanted so that worked out good. Got both ends glued in, so now its good to go. :laughing:

Dug out the little deep fat cooker. The 8/10 year old oil was just a tad stinky. warmed it up some & dumped. Filled with soap & water, boiled that for a while. Next boil it out with clean water, then it will be ready to make potato chips, french fries & maybe onion rings. Chips will just be barely cooked & will be a lot healthier than store bought. Wish I knew where to get things like powered sour cream & so on. Salt, onion & garlic no problem.

Ground up some nuts, do not taste so hot. May just give up on that. Quit waste in $$ on things I'm not going to eat.

This goes in the big bathroom. No springs. Sure simple to use.
View attachment 511055

More later.
Jim

You're a tuff old bird, Crash. Never give up.

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year. #1,236  
Hi Jim Back from trip to Albuquerque Santa Fe . then points South to Lordsburg. Looks like good year to sell the ranch. green grass and good rain have made the desert look like enjoyable place to live. Restaurant at Ruidoso N. Mexico has large and real meat hamburgers. Called the K-bar
Also horse races in season.
Noticed one thing about Sanctuary cities Looks like all the merchants left in same U-Hall truck . Only people on street and door ways are carrying signs (Need Food) but want money.

What was a busy city is now shuttered ghost town look.

Looked for you around the Gila and Blue river area. then read after return you never left Tucson.

Returned this way along the State Hwy 70 Texas looks like having Bumper sized crops of wheat and hay. Alfalfa fields was thick and green saw combines getting the wheat out one field had 4 machines working. Then noticed the dairy barns were everywhere.

Reading your posts maybe slow down on the daily planning and schedule just one a day. Took me 15 years to learn after retirement. would still get called to repair problems and saying No was hard to do but now seldom get a call. It works.

Having to repair my $100.00 Kubota the clutch is out . and replacement cost higher than John Deere parts. if possible.
$150.00 for universal joint for front drive shaft. then shipping.

Gold plated clutches. from has to be China. Japan makes better parts.

Keep up your writing. reminds me that had planned to move to some point along Gila river.

Life here has water. green grass and friendly people. What could be better.

se'ya ken
\

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year. #1,237  
Here goes nothing. The good (not much of that.)' the bad. lots of that & some in-between.

Sure do appreciate it when at least some of you folks reply, or??? Good or Bad.

Mostly a bunch ( small bunch ) of pictures . Some are already outdated. Plans change as I go along.

View attachment 510796 - View attachment 510797 - View attachment 510798 - View attachment 510799 - View attachment 510800 - View attachment 510801 - View attachment 510802 - View attachment 510803 - View attachment 510804

If you have any questions, ask away. :D
Feet are about as normal as they will ever be. Most all swelling & red gone. Sort of numb, not really, mostly feels like they are not even there. At times feels like 1 leg shorter than the other. Hard to explain accurately, like I was stepping into holes.

TV says salt can be healthy, eat less to loose weight, more to gain weight. Guess what I should do more or less.:laughing:

Larry plans to leave tomorrow. On his way to MI. he will be back in December. Have on loan his pole saw. Battery powered, 18V Lithium. It is far stronger than mine & it cost about the same. he had a can of gas (plastic Safety can. Yea right. almost as save as jumping off a cliff.) Spout will not fit in his van. sort of fits my PU & gas goes in. Here comes the safe part. Can is almost new. What is safe about gas leaking out of the spout & lid. OH well 3+ gallons of gas is good.
Also got a very small tin Skillet, Man is it rusty. Will take lots of sanding then the hot oil & salt treatment.

No beer today _ so far Maybe later, depending how I feel

I done now,
See Ya,
Jim

Jim - did you ever get tested for diabetes? Your feet say it all. Please get tested as soon as possible. Otherwise the doc at the VA need to get an earful from you about them.

#1,238  
Its 1 of those can't sleep nights. Awe Crap.
OH well I'll post a little drivel.

When I go to the VA I'm going to have them test for everything possible. Rupture, diabetes & so on. Do not think I have any of these problems, just be nice to know. Have a note "Pain Management" Dec 4. That note was about 2 months ago. One he77 of a long time to wait.

Hi all,
Some things are slowly getting done. Other (as normal ) not getting done.
Have new power steering hose for truck, not installed. Key switch for tractor, not installed. OH well life goes on.

Back kicking up a fuss. Going to lay down. May edit this later.
Jim

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year. #1,239  
Its 1 of those can't sleep nights. Awe Crap.
OH well I'll post a little drivel.

When I go to the VA I'm going to have them test for everything possible. Rupture, diabetes & so on. Do not think I have any of these problems, just be nice to know. Have a note "Pain Management" Dec 4. That note was about 2 months ago. One he77 of a long time to wait.

Hi all,
Some things are slowly getting done. Other (as normal ) not getting done.
Have new power steering hose for truck, not installed. Key switch for tractor, not installed. OH well life goes on.

Back kicking up a fuss. Going to lay down. May edit this later.
Jim

Hey Crash, might want a reminder note to check your notes for your next VA visit. Ha ha!

BTW... loved that old RC model aircraft pic. Brings back some of my own memories that I didn't write down!

#1,240  
Here goes nothing or maybe less than nothing.:)

Food, did someone mention food. Made a little progress on taking the slicer apart. Never did find a socket that fit right. But its on its way, bolts out. Now need goofy screw driver. OH well on with the cooking.
Doing pretty well slicing with a knife. Strange cord on deep firer. A little on the thick side, not really a bad thing & I leave the skin on. Going to get healthy. For some extra flavor I tried celery salt, onion powder, not the right things. Doug & I had been talking about fish & chips. Vinegar sounded good , Hey that is good, almost like real fish & chips. That is unless you get too much, that really gets your attention. A drop or 2 is the answer. First time Doug ever ate anything that I cooked. He had a few, then went home with a care package. Can of mixed nuts that I will never eat, some avocados, Nikita skill saw type & the big roaster that shorted out. Maybe a simple repair on both.

Pretty much done with the big hole. A leach line , some gravel & cover it up.

Both stabilizers on the back hoe leak hydro. fluid. 1 Is my fault other 1 is someone Else's fault. Long story on that one. Had a can of fluid, 2+ gallons, still not on the dipstick. O-Riles does not stock it, but can have it in 3 to 5 days. Will pick up a couple of gallons next trip to town. They don't leak as much when using the back hoe. If I remember to bleed off the pressure it helps a little.

Have 1 can for diesel that does not leak. Not my favorite can, but works. Naturally I have to spill some, & make everything slick. being very careful I did not slip.

fridge for the nest. While wandering around Lowe's Found the perfect fridge & freezer. A little taller than my little fridge & narrower. All i need is $190, no problem I'm rich. :laughing: Maybe when other more important things are taken care of.

Trip to scrap yard will be soon. Solid brass door threshold that must weigh 40#, quite a few beer cans, old battery that leaks, ( should be dried out by now. will still put in a plastic bag) & some old dead battery charges. need to have some $$$ in bank before I start selling on E-bay.

A few nights ago I was so miserable I begged the lord to take me. As you can see he didn't do it. Only the good die young & i am pretty much past young anyway.

Dreams, sleeping dreams, day dreams & planning type dreams. Pretty well blessed (???) with all of them.

Much more later,
Jim