Finally an article that puts numbers to the argument of Min Wage

/ Finally an article that puts numbers to the argument of Min Wage #1  

Cat_Driver

Elite Member
Tractor
2016 Kubota 4060, 2017 Tackeuchi excavator TB260
Min wage effects FARMERS, as much as it effects restaurant owners.

Seattle’s Minimum Wage: The Cold Hard Facts

............The increase cost for a typical restaurant is: $172,800 per year.

Do you think the restaurant owner is going to take $172,000 out of their pocket? Impossible, as the average restaurant owner only brings home $64,000.

/ Finally an article that puts numbers to the argument of Min Wage #2  
Definitely no reason to tip in Seattle... and it should be a boon for businesses in surrounding towns.

/ Finally an article that puts numbers to the argument of Min Wage #3  
Bunch of cheap pikers. Why not $30 per hour minimum wage instead of a measly $15? That would make Kirkland business really boom.

/ Finally an article that puts numbers to the argument of Min Wage #4  
I'm a proponent of raising minimum wage to $50/hour. That would put everyone in a high tax bracket and that would eliminate the federal deficit. My guess is this would make sense to a lot of people we send to Washington these days. :laughing:

/ Finally an article that puts numbers to the argument of Min Wage #5  
In KS. I don't believe restaurants are required to pay minimum wage if the servers receive tips. My daughter worked as a server and received $3.25 hr. plus tips. No business in KS. is required to pay minimum wage if it is for part time help. I have no clue what the laws are in Seattle but I would guess that things are skewed to the restaurant owners favor just based on political power. As far as the farmers, if this is a City law the only way it will affect farmers is if they can't get help because they don't pays as much as the city jobs.

/ Finally an article that puts numbers to the argument of Min Wage #6  
Why let the government set the limit. I'm sure those hard working employees at McDonalds know what they are worth and should be able to decide what they are to be paid an hour. $50 would just be a starting point. No reason why it couldn't be $500 an hour if that's what they want. :)

Eddie

/ Finally an article that puts numbers to the argument of Min Wage #7  
Definitely no reason to tip in Seattle... and it should be a boon for businesses in surrounding towns.

I think it's good Seattle is raising the min. wage to $15......now the hipsters will only need to work one hour to afford their Venti Caramel Machiato!!! :laughing:

/ Finally an article that puts numbers to the argument of Min Wage #8  
It looks like the article fails to include the increased FICA tax that the employer will also have to pay out of pocket. :rolleyes:

/ Finally an article that puts numbers to the argument of Min Wage #9  
One of my arguments has always been, what about the people making over the minimum wage when it's raised? Imagine an employer has a one worker making minimum wage who just started last week. He also has a worker that has been there for two years and has received three raises in that time. When the minimum is raised both workers end up making the same amount. Or should the owner raise every employee's wage accordingly? It doesn't seem realistic to me to expect such a large jump to work in the real world.

If I was king, there would be no minimum wage and corporations would pay no taxes.

/ Finally an article that puts numbers to the argument of Min Wage #10  
There are a lot of info that says the min wage is best kept somewhat low, this inspires people to move into better paying jobs, finish school, get degrees and continue to grow and improve ones self. I have looked at numbers that say it won't hurt the average business however I call as much BS on that as ACA not costing more for insurance or lowering ones insurance costs.

Mark