BBQ Smokers

/ BBQ Smokers #1  

General Lee

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota, L4400, BX1870
Picked up a new BBQ smoker. Its a 20'' diameter Horizon side firebox. Made of 1/4 inch steel all the way around. Should last a life time. BBQ and grilling is a hobby of mine and I have many smokers and grills to prove it :laughing:

Anywho, just curious who on here shares the same hobby/passion? What smokers do you have and maybe we all can share BBQ recipes and rubs.

/ BBQ Smokers #2  
I love it....and am now in the search for a new..bigger set up...can you post pictures?

/ BBQ Smokers #3  
I have a Chargriller with a side firebox and an electric (Masterbuilt) that uses pellets. I like the Chargriller, but the electric smoker is great for weekdays when I am working and don't have time to feed the firebox and tend the fire all day.

Love smoking. Looking forward to Thursday-smoking a turkey, which is one of my favorites.

/ BBQ Smokers
My Horizon

smoker.jpg

Firebox.... those splits are roughly 16'' long

smoker2.jpg

/ BBQ Smokers #5  
i inherited a brinkmann smoker a few years ago from my sister, and we use it a couple times
a year. our best bbq is brisket, usually do a couple full cuts for a party on labor day,
everybody loves it! it just makes a long day, starting at 4 am for an afternoon party!

/ BBQ Smokers #6  
sweet...had one very close to this...once you get her hot, cook all weekend..freezer is good to store..reheat and ready fast...we would do 6 drunk(beer can) chickens when we did a brisket....save 5 chickens for later....too much apple wood or misqueet(sp) wood can make it bitter....and I like wet smoke...water pan at the smoke inlet...add onions and peppers to the water as is smokes....

/ BBQ Smokers #7  
I have a vertical LP smoker that we use occasionally. I'm hoping my Deer Hunting Buddy comes home with a Hind Quarter for me this year. I love smoked Venison. Me and a friend built a smoker from scratch years ago. It was on wheels and had a rear fire box. It was big enough to put a small hog on or a bunch of quartered chickens.
I sold it a few years ago to a guy that was going out on the street selling smoked meat. I wonder how that worked out for him?
View attachment 399475

/ BBQ Smokers #8  
I purchase a grill last year I think was a great deal, all hand made $1,500 but this may sound sacrilegious but nothing can beat my Tex electric smoker. It just so easy and the food tastes great. 002.jpg

/ BBQ Smokers #9  
I purchase a grill last year I think was a great deal, all hand made $1,500 but this may sound sacrilegious but nothing can beat my Tex electric smoker. It just so easy and the food tastes great.
That is one high tech looking grill.

/ BBQ Smokers #10  
One of my favorite subjects. I have a Big Green Egg that I use a lot; especially for Baby Back Ribs (I have a great recipe, using my own rubb), pork chops, Atomic Buffalo Turds, pork shoulder and Brisket. I also have a Weber Smoky Mountain Smoker that has more capacity, does a good job, but is more of a pain to clean up. I also have a Weber Kettle that I bought in 1968 (well, half of it any way).