Carhartt insulated bib overalls

/ Carhartt insulated bib overalls #1  

jcummins

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, F3680, Mule Pro Fxt
Since moving to Illinois from Texas, 3 years ago, I've been layering for the cold weather. The pair of insulated coveralls I had....a son-in-law took them over never to be seen again. You didn't wear them much in Texas. I don't want to go through this coming winter without them....but wanted to switch to overalls instead of coveralls. A lot easier to get on.

Was in Rural King today, shopping for these. Carhartt was the only brand they had. What I found was the overalls seemed to long, from the waist to the shoulders. I shortened the suspenders to as short as they would go, and still couldn't get them to snug up.

Anyone else run into this problem? I want a zipper to the waist...some brands don't do that....are there other brands that do? got a TSC store, but further away and in the wrong direction that we typically shop, but may have to pay them a visit.

/ Carhartt insulated bib overalls #2  
I also have the hardest time getting bibs to fit.. Not sure why im sorta average 5' 10", 190#..

I got a pair for hunting and had to tight the shoulder straps up as much as possible to keep the crotch from hitting my knees and they are still a few inches too long at the ankle.. Then thru the chest they are almost too tight..

Coverall are horrible.. raise your arms above your head and sing soprano. LOL

/ Carhartt insulated bib overalls
You described it better than i did. The pictures of guys wearing these seem to have that front flap hitting them much lower in the chest than me.

/ Carhartt insulated bib overalls #4  
You oughta try and find ones that fit when you're 5'4".:muttering: Even Carhartt long sleeve shirts that fit my chest have arm length to fit an ape. Usually I have to cut the leg length and sew up a hem on coverall or bibs....or just let them drag in the mud/snow.:muttering:

/ Carhartt insulated bib overalls
Oldballs... You made me laugh out loud.

Hellva handle you got there to.

/ Carhartt insulated bib overalls #6  
I don't know who they make clothes for but it's sure not for regulars folks. I think k I would find a pair that fit my legs then do what I had to to make the straps work.

/ Carhartt insulated bib overalls #7  
Funny... I can't find clothes anywhere that fit right except rural king. They have more of a selection than a big and tall store. I'm 6'4" 280. Pant size is like 40 to 38 waist inseam 38-36. I try a lot of pairs on before I find the right ones. Anywhere else your either tall and thin or tall really wide hard to find in-between at other stores. Only rural king has size 14 socks that actually are 14 also. BTW most of my coworkers get their bibs there too. Bibs are the only way to go!

/ Carhartt insulated bib overalls #8  
My wife gave me a pair of Schmidts coveralls from TSC. I'm 6'3" and they fit great. Plenty warm too. What I like best is the legs zip up to the hip and the chest zipper down to the crotch. Real easy to get in and out of, even with boots on.

/ Carhartt insulated bib overalls #9  
Maybe check the Carhartt or others on-line catalogs. There may be short, tall, fat, squatty, skinny, etc. sizes that aren't stocked in the store.

/ Carhartt insulated bib overalls #10  
Look at the Carhartt biberalls. I've wanted to try some for a while but no place I've been actually stocks them. They seem like something you need to try before you buy.

It looks to me like they zip from the waist down on the legs and from the waist up across the chest.