Cold hands

/ Cold hands #1  

Budweiser John

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland TC45D
Well, winter has arrived and as I have grown more senior, I can keep every part of my anatomy warm in sub freezing weather except my hands and fingers.
I would surly welcome any tips on how to remedy the problem and still maintain some semblance of dexterity.

/ Cold hands #2  
They have those fingerless neoprene gloves that are decent. Some have a pull over cover for the fingers.

/ Cold hands #5  
The only way I can keep my hands warm for any extended amount of time is to wear a pair of warm gloves and keep a spare pair in my back pocket.

I always seem to get the first pair wet. The ones I have are leather with a nice fluffy insulation layer inside.

When I come to a task that can not be preformed with gloves I take them off and do what has to be done quickly.

/ Cold hands #6  
I use Corn Huskers lotion to help with the dry skin itchies.

Are you able to find that locally? The only place I see it lately is online.

/ Cold hands #8  
buy the economy packs of chemical hand warmers...keep one in each hand of a duplicate set of gloves...change to the warm ones as often as needed...

They also work great in the toes of boots...

/ Cold hands #9  
Mitts with inner liners over gloves every time in cold temperatures! I like the one fingered mitts best when I need to do some task that requires a bit of manual dexterity and if your "pointy finger" starts to feel cold when it's all by it's lonesome, it's easy to withdraw it and slip it in with the rest of your fingers to warm it up. Gauntlets are great too to keep wrists out of wind and snow.

361HDPS6-480-Endura-Linesman-1-Finger-Mitt-Horsehide-Double-Palm-Deluxe-Winter-Lineman-Gloves-Mitts-Winter-Gloves-IMG.jpg

/ Cold hands #10  
Mitts made for riding snowmobiles are pretty good. Keeps the wind out, some are waterproof.