Anyone miss the larger cars?

/ Anyone miss the larger cars? #1  

coobie1

Tractor
Kioti DK 40se hst cab
The wife and I always have always loved the larger cars.We have owned 4 buick lesabres(1993,2000,2002,2004)lincoln 1999 and a 1979 caddy coupe deville.I call them old fart cars that are just plain cruisers:)Today we purchased a 2004 lincoln town car with 34,000 miles in excellent condition.We love the ride and room the bigger cruisers have to offer verses todays offerings:dance1:

/ Anyone miss the larger cars? #2  
Coobie, my Brother always drove large cars. Couple years ago he was on the Interstate in his Lincoln. A truck and 2 cars got tangled up in the oncoming lane. One car came across the median and hit him at the driver's side B pillar. Spun him completely around twice. Never got a scratch. Totaled the Camaro that hit him. I believe in a small car he would have been seriously injured or killed. My wife used to have an early Chrysler 300. I didn't like to ride in it. Never felt safe. Too small. Too low to the ground. She's now got a newer Jeep Grand Cherokee. I feel pretty safe in it. It's heavy and well planted to the ground. I normally drive my Super Duty and always feel safe in it. Congrats on finding the Lincoln. You'll get many years of service from that car. It isn't even broke in yet. :)

/ Anyone miss the larger cars? #3  
I think that is why the SUV's are so popular...Tahoe,Suburban,Expedition ect.

/ Anyone miss the larger cars? #4  
It's funny that this discussion comes up. I was driving yesterday and saw an old Toyota Corolla (20+ years old), and was thinking about how much larger cars have become. The old Toyotas, Hondas, even the BMW 2002 and original 325 are so much smaller than their current versions.

/ Anyone miss the larger cars? #5  
I have a sister that drives very used Buick Roadmasters. Things are like two couches on four wheels! She drives them till they drop, then finds another one. You have to dock them instead of park them. :laughing:

/ Anyone miss the larger cars? #6  
The wife and I always have always loved the larger cars.We have owned 4 buick lesabres(1993,2000,2002,2004)lincoln 1999 and a 1979 caddy coupe deville.I call them old fart cars that are just plain cruisers:)Today we purchased a 2004 lincoln town car with 34,000 miles in excellent condition.We love the ride and room the bigger cruisers have to offer verses todays offerings:dance1:

huhh? 1993 large car? phfff.

How about a '74 Lincoln Mark IV, or a 74 Ford pick-up. Oh yeah, I miss them.

Last edited:
   / Anyone miss the larger cars? #7  
I've only owned full size or larger vans for the past 30 years, large cars are puny little things.

/ Anyone miss the larger cars? #8  
New cars are safer than the old cars. I do prefer my pickup- handles well, safer than my Hyundhi.

Take a look at this.

/ Anyone miss the larger cars? #9  
I bought the wife a Mitsubishi van years ago. The doors were so thin you could darn near pinch then at the lowered window and squeeze the glass. My inner voice was SCREAMING at me to get rid of that thing as it was only a few months old. I sold it for a loss and bought a HUGE suv, cursing every time I needed to put fuel in it. One day I got that dreaded call we are worry about. The wife was hit head on by a drunk driver that crossed median. I showed up within minutes, to see my wife standing there without a scratch. I can't even imagine if she had that tin foil Mitsibishi van with only 1/16" of sheet steel between her and the other car.
I will never ever have her or my daughter drive in anything but the biggest, heaviest, safest gas guzzler on the planet

/ Anyone miss the larger cars? #10  
Larger cars still exist. Expensive to buy new, relatively cheap to buy used. If you don't have a long way to go, they can be cheaper to run than a modern compact. But if you have a "regular" American commute, a smaller, lighter, more economical car is the right way to go. With gas prices down, supply/demand will tend to push up the prices on the bigger vehicles, especially the used ones. If you had sticker shock from looking at new car prices, it is telling to what extent the $ has devalued....