How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight?

/ How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight? #1  

dragoneggs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX-25D, Kubota Z122RKW-42
I figured it was safe to post this in the rural living thread. :D Just curious if anyone has the same ritual as me?

/ How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight? #4  
Well, I tend to evaluate my behavior like Mr. Spock did. Does it make sense?? Will it disturb or influence others (even pets)?

Then I proceed from there.

And, yes, I have an arsenal of guns.

/ How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight? #6  
While I've never done it, that use to be common in my area, one year a guy cut the power line in front of his house, but I don't remember anything else, I think many used shotguns. I don't celebrate New Year in any way, it's just another day to me.

/ How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight? #7  
Having traveled all over the World to some not so nice places, I've saw this ritual followed a lot. I'm not opposed to it in the proper environment. I don't participate. I also don't spend a lot of time worrying about the final destination of said bullet. I truly believe I have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than hit by a falling bullet. During the Fall hunting season there are a LOT of falling bullets around here......

/ How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight? #8  
No. I was busy kissing a woman.:cool2:

/ How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight? #9  
No. I was busy kissing a woman.:cool2:

You da MAN!!

I'm kinda cheap. Sending a round off into the air seems wasteful. The woman thing is much more fun.. If not, you have issues...

/ How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight? #10  
It was 3,567. But I was the one firing off this: zzzzzzzzzz.......zzzzzzzzzzzzz........zzzzzzzzzzz

Oh, and this mess about shooting into air - uh - no, please don't do that. While putting a new roof on a rental house garage we had in the city a few years ago, I found a 9mm bullet lodged straight down in a shingle. I kept the thing. Just missed the house by a bit, think if it had hit someone! Or a moving car windshield. Hey boys, don't do nary air shooting.