Looking for wireless weather station

/ Looking for wireless weather station #1  

fordmantpw

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2720
We are wanting to get a wireless weather station to tell us rain fall amounts, temp, wind speed, etc. We want something that will also upload the data to the internet as well so that we can view it online, share with friends/neighbors, etc. I don't want to spend a fortune...I would like to stay under $200-$250, but I also don't want to spend money for junk that I will need to replace in a year or so.

I would prefer not to connect the display device to my PC to upload the data, although, if I could get an additional device for that, I could connect it to another machine that I have that stays on all the time. That machine is downstairs in a closet, which is why it would need to be an additional display/device.

Does anyone have any input or experiences? I like the Davis systems, but they are a bit out of our price range.

Thanks for any and all help!

/ Looking for wireless weather station #2  
Good post! I've been thinking about one for the last few years. Interested as well.

/ Looking for wireless weather station #3  
I have an older model of the Accurite with monochrome display. It does all you ask and has been working flawlessly for well over a year on first set of batteries. Three of my friends got the same unit and are pretty happy as well.
The newer model with color display is 170 on Amazon. Search for AcuRite 01036 Pro Color Weather Station.

/ Looking for wireless weather station #4  
We are wanting to get a wireless weather station to tell us rain fall amounts, temp, wind speed, etc. We want something that will also upload the data to the internet as well so that we can view it online, share with friends/neighbors, etc. I don't want to spend a fortune...I would like to stay under $200-$250, but I also don't want to spend money for junk that I will need to replace in a year or so.

I would prefer not to connect the display device to my PC to upload the data, although, if I could get an additional device for that, I could connect it to another machine that I have that stays on all the time. That machine is downstairs in a closet, which is why it would need to be an additional display/device.

Does anyone have any input or experiences? I like the Davis systems, but they are a bit out of our price range.

Thanks for any and all help!
I use Davis Stations for both of my weather web sites..I have a VP2 at one and the Vantage Vue at another both have been flawless! The only andvantage of the VP2 is the separate rain gauge but the Vue being one piece is easier to locate! If you are interested PM me I can give you a link to way better prices...
Renton Weather - Home

/ Looking for wireless weather station #5  
I have a wireless wx station by Oregon Scientific. Model WMR 968 - - $249. This model is no longer in production but there are several that have replaced it. I bought the unit in 2008 and other than replacing batteries about every third year it has performed flawlessly.

The unit has its own display that I have located in my living room - some 75-80 feet from where the monitors are located outside.

Last edited:
   / Looking for wireless weather station #6  
I am running the Davis Vantage Pro 2, installed it Feb '06. I just started getting an error message that Davis can't explain, but unit works fine so I am ignoring it. I have the monitor station in the dining room and it is connected to a laptop that runs all the time. The laptop uploads the data to WeatherUnderground, where anybody can see it. I also have my webcam uploaded to the same WU site so they come up together.
Weather | Personal Weather Station: ISTARTKK2 by Wunderground.com | Weather Underground

/ Looking for wireless weather station #7  
I have an older model of the Accurite with monochrome display. It does all you ask and has been working flawlessly for well over a year on first set of batteries. Three of my friends got the same unit and are pretty happy as well.
The newer model with color display is 170 on Amazon. Search for AcuRite 01036 Pro Color Weather Station.

That same model is only $130 direct from Accurite.
Weather Station with Wind and Rain

/ Looking for wireless weather station #8  
I have the AcuRite 01010 model works fine, not sure if it does all the OP wanted but I'm happy. :thumbsup:

/ Looking for wireless weather station #9  
I am running the Davis Vantage Pro 2, installed it Feb '06. I just started getting an error message that Davis can't explain, but unit works fine so I am ignoring it. I have the monitor station in the dining room and it is connected to a laptop that runs all the time. The laptop uploads the data to WeatherUnderground, where anybody can see it. I also have my webcam uploaded to the same WU site so they come up together.
Weather | Personal Weather Station: ISTARTKK2 by Wunderground.com | Weather Underground
I have heard that you can send the whole station in and they will refurb it complete for around $125 not bad and basically what I hear is it is like new when you get it back!

/ Looking for wireless weather station #10  
I had the Oregon Scientific weather station and it worked great for a couple of years, but then it became erratic and unreliable. I guess it lasted two yeas max, maybe a little less. While it was working, it was great, but for what it cost, I've decided to go back to the old fashioned tube with markings on the side and a thermometer next to it. That's worked flawlessly forever and what I used to compare the Oregon to while it worked.

Eddie