Finally one for the good guys - Camera install pays off

/ Finally one for the good guys - Camera install pays off #1  

jk96

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L6060
I've seen so many posts about theft and thieves I thought I'd share one that finally had a good ending. My shop has been broken into twice in the last 3 years. Our alarm install along with clearly marked alarm notices on the doors stopped the break-ins, however we still had problems outside. Two more thefts of items outside our shop led us to install cameras.

Yesterday I arrived at the shop to see some of my scrap wire strung across the driveway and knew we had been hit again. Fortunately I no longer keep anything of much value outside. Our thief was able to stay out of view and turn one of the cameras but missed the other. We were lucky that he had an older truck that was easy to identify. By the looks of the back of the truck it looks like he was out scrapping all night long.

Good news is the the sheriffs department located him and the truck this morning.

/ Finally one for the good guys - Camera install pays off #2  
Paul Harvey " and now for the rest of the story ".

/ Finally one for the good guys - Camera install pays off #3  
He may of been a repeat customer. Glad they got him.

/ Finally one for the good guys - Camera install pays off #4  
Out of curiosity, is that area lit at night, or was it just lit with the IR from the cameras?

Aaron Z

/ Finally one for the good guys - Camera install pays off #5  
And some details of your camera system. Getting security cameras up with alarms is on my list to do.

/ Finally one for the good guys - Camera install pays off #7  
Wonder if the police routinely stop vehicles loaded up like that at night?

/ Finally one for the good guys - Camera install pays off #8  
The sad part is that when you see the truck, it just screams out that this is somebody that should be pulled over and checked out.

Congratulations, hope he goes away for a very long time.

Eddie

/ Finally one for the good guys - Camera install pays off #9  
Glad he was caught. Interesting that one of your cameras was discovered and neutralized. Was this a "game camera" or something else?

/ Finally one for the good guys - Camera install pays off #10  
The sad part is that when you see the truck, it just screams out that this is somebody that should be pulled over and checked out.

Seen the same thing here once -- an old Datsun mini-pickup overloaded with wall AC units (like from a hotel) -- that was stopped by police. The clowns had spilled some in an intersection when making a turn. Hard to believe, but many criminals are that dumb.

This thread is good news for once -- I hope the guy gets appropriately busted and punished by the law.