MY local fire department has STUPID policies.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / MY local fire department has STUPID policies..... #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
Yesterday I went to the local township hall and filled out a burning permit...and according to the guidelines on the permit, Quote: "Burning of any pile larger than 5'X5'X3' requires approval by the local fire chief or his designated" (sic)

Since my pile is much larger than they note, I asked for an inspection that day as there was supposed to be no wind today...and it's a sunny, 15 degree day without a breath of wind so far. Still waiting for the useless local fire department to send someone out to inspect the pile and give me an okay to light it off. It is composed of 100% brush and lumber and there is NOTHING in it that violates the burning regulations....NOTHING!!! As the photos show, the closest building is well over 450 feet away and there is a foot of snow on the ground, and I have plowed a path for any required fire equipment to drive back should it be needed. Gave them a map, my cell number and email addresses, and all I need is for them to get off their lazy butts and come out and look at the pile.

MORONS !!! Exactly WHAT do they think is the danger of a bonfire in MY situation??? MORONS !!!

MY brother says I should just light it up the pile and let them deal with it their lousy attitude. Comments are welcome.

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    635.7 KB · Views: 512
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    638.6 KB · Views: 627
   / MY local fire department has STUPID policies..... #2  
You might wanna move the tractor first.:D

/ MY local fire department has STUPID policies..... #4  
I'd of lit it and took the good chance of the government not getting involved and if it did involve itself blame it on lightning / meteorite / dope smoking hippy kid vandals etc.

Now that you got the government involved first I reckon you wait.

/ MY local fire department has STUPID policies..... #5  
Are you entitled to next day inspection service? Could there be some more important business?

Isn't it crappy when you finally figure out the world doesn't revolve around you?

/ MY local fire department has STUPID policies.....
Are you entitled to next day inspection service? Could there be some more important business?

Isn't it crappy when you finally figure out the world doesn't revolve around you?

Look at it this way: They make the burn regulations so restrictive it is NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE to get conditions favorable to make a burn in my situation....and I called their burn hotline twice today trying to get an idea of when they were going to get here. It's less than 2 1/2 miles to the fire station from here, and the fire station has been closed since yesterday morning and is still closed today so I know they don't have anything going on. THEY HAVE NO BUSINESS TO ATTEND TO.

/ MY local fire department has STUPID policies..... #7  
Is it a volunteer fire department?

/ MY local fire department has STUPID policies..... #8  
Why don't you break it down to smaller sizes?

/ MY local fire department has STUPID policies..... #9  
Yesterday I went to the local township hall and filled out a burning permit

And that's where you should go to complain...It is usually the city/county/state (elected) officials that make the rules...

Here the state DNR regulates burn permits...one can be had (for a 6'x6' hand piled brush etc.) via a phone call...for larger burns they have a web app

/ MY local fire department has STUPID policies..... #10  
Jd do you have a full time department or call or both ? In my area they just ask questions at the town hall, if weather conditions permit they give you a written permit , then it is your responsibility after that to keep it under control . If it gets out of control , better have some good insurance . Much depends on fire danger level , not just your burn pile . I notice you have snow on the ground so that should be a huge plus for you for sure . If you have a call department or otherwise , they are not morons , if a call department they are doing you a huge favor for what they do for little or no pay . I can't imagine a fire chief of a full time department having time to inspect burn piles , I know as I am retired from the fire service .

Status
Not open for further replies.