Durable dog toys.

/ Durable dog toys. #21  
Half an hour is good,we had a Border Collie that would have the squeaker out in under 5 min,we timed him!

tow653, is that right? Did (s)he actually get the squeaker out of the hedgehog?

The reason I ask is because our lab/shepherd has not been able to do it in a year. And she is able to get it out of all other toys quickly. If it has a squeaker you can see her trying to find the seams to get it out. She then plucks out other things like the ears, nose, eyes, if they have them. She also ruins those large rope toys others have mentioned. It takes her a few weeks to get through the main part of those heavy, rubber-like frisbees.

Our previous dog, a lab/border collie who died 11 years ago, was the opposite. She loved toys with squeakers and recorded voices and gently played with them for years. Our present dog destroyed all those toys.

I did not know anything about kyjen until yesterday when this discussion started. They look like an interesting small company based in Colorado. I noticed a contest where they gave out free toys for testers:

Boycott Boring: Dog Toy Tester Sign up

I wonder if someone with an especially resourceful dog (e.g. wedge40, post #6) were to send a link to this page if the company would send them a free toy for testing. Just a thought.

Cheers

/ Durable dog toys. #22  
Kong balls have worked very well with my Shepard also tug toys made from fire hose