Anybody Else Like Reading Old Threads? What About Resurrections?

/ Anybody Else Like Reading Old Threads? What About Resurrections? #11  
Its kind of like going through your attic, looking in the boxes and, Hey! Look what I found! Bring it down for the kids to see! :laughing:

/ Anybody Else Like Reading Old Threads? What About Resurrections? #12  
I was a lot smarter then than I am now. And I had more hair too. No one should heed anything I write or wrote after 2011.

/ Anybody Else Like Reading Old Threads? What About Resurrections? #13  
Only thing I don't like about old threads is being reminded of former members who contributed so much but are no longer around, for one reason or another.

/ Anybody Else Like Reading Old Threads? What About Resurrections?
It's pretty obvious that I'm reading old material when using the page number based link at the bottom of the page, but I've caught myself replying to search engine results that were several years old and ignoring their age. That's usually not productive, but sometimes another TBNer will answer and the thread will take off again with current and useful info.

Besides being reminded of how friendly and knowledgeable the folks are here on TBN, it's comforting to find that the problems and issues I run across are the same ones other people have had in the past. Even better when I find something that helps get over the rough spots. Best of all, though, is the down home humor some of you guys bring to the party. My laptop hasn't gotten a coffee bath yet, but it's come close a number of times ;)

/ Anybody Else Like Reading Old Threads? What About Resurrections? #15  
Careful if you resurrect the pallet thread. What you see cannot be unseen. What you know cannot be unknown. What members said cannot be unsaid.

/ Anybody Else Like Reading Old Threads? What About Resurrections? #16  
I don't mind, in fact I do it a lot myself. I don't read threads every day, sometimes it's months before I come back, so older threads are new to me. If I have anything to add I will resurrect it. Actually that is why my screen name is "imported_owdouglas" I wasn't visiting forum that much years ago when they did the change over and I could not get anyone to drop the "imported". After numerous messages to Muhammad I never got any response so I just live with it. I don't think it should bother anyone, sometimes an interesting one is brought back around for new members to see.

/ Anybody Else Like Reading Old Threads? What About Resurrections? #17  
You never know when you'll pan a golden nugget out of that old stream bed.
The fact that it's been buried for years doesn't make it any less valuable.

/ Anybody Else Like Reading Old Threads? What About Resurrections? #18  
Only thing I don't like about old threads is being reminded of former members who contributed so much but are no longer around, for one reason or another.

Ah, I smile when I read stuff from members who have passed. Reminds me of good times. Same thing when I find stuff my parents or grandparents did. You can be pretty sure that someone who has passed away would want you to think of them happily, rather than sadly. ;) It is too bad they are gone, of course. But their memories linger on. :thumbsup:

/ Anybody Else Like Reading Old Threads? What About Resurrections? #19  
Careful if you resurrect the pallet thread. What you see cannot be unseen. What you know cannot be unknown. What members said cannot be unsaid.

what has been sparced, cannot be un-sparced. :)

/ Anybody Else Like Reading Old Threads? What About Resurrections? #20  
Well I'm an old fart newbie and I'm still trying to figure out all this stuff. I've probably replied to an old thread and didn't know it was old, didn't know it mattered. I figure a lot of folks are reading old and new stuff and aren't members but just looking. If I'm reading an old post and I've had the same problem and was able to fix it easier or simpler than what's been posted I'll reply. Maybe someone can be helped today or the next three days or ten years from now. I think it's fun reading all of them. I've spent more time since I joined reading on here than I have working on my old tractors. When my wife fusses about me being on the computer so much, I tell her I'm doing research. I've about decided to drag an old MF out of the barn and see if I can get it going. Guess I just needed some encouragement. That's what I like about all y'all, thanks.PS just realized I'm responding to a 5 yr. old post. That's ok.