Time For A New Kitchen Faucet. Recommendations?

/ Time For A New Kitchen Faucet. Recommendations? #1  

RedNeckGeek

Tractor
Kubota M62, Kubota L3240D HST (SOLD!), Kubota RTV900
Tired of fighting with the plastic hose on the sprayer nozzle, the faucet is starting to leak (again), and the Price Pfister styling is butt ugly. Looked at some at the home center yesterday, but I'm overwhelmed with the number of choices available. The ones that have a hose incorporated into the faucet itself look handy, but do they work and not cause problems with leaking and tangled hoses? Some were even touch activated, but I'd prefer to be able to get water when the power goes out. Do those styles have a manual backup?

In the past I've had good luck with Delta, but this Price Pfister and the Moen stuff at the last house were junk. Is Delta still any good, and what other brands are reliable?

This might not be the right place to ask these questions, so any pointers to a plumbing or remodeling forum that is more appropriate would be appreciated.

Thanks!

/ Time For A New Kitchen Faucet. Recommendations? #2  
Is Green OK ?
pump.jpg

We've always had good luck with Delta.
It's usually easy to find oil rings for them when the time comes

/ Time For A New Kitchen Faucet. Recommendations? #3  
We bought our house in 2005 and it was built in 1991. There was an American Standard kitchen sink faucet that I had trouble finding parts for to fix the leak a couple of times and I finally got tired of working with it. So January 10, 2013, I had a Delta model 467-DST faucet installed.

Faucet.com | 467-DST in Chrome by Delta

So far we love it. Chrome finish, push a button on top to change from solid stream to spray, and pull the nozzle/head out several inches when needed.

/ Time For A New Kitchen Faucet. Recommendations? #4  
Red, DO NOT skimp on quality. I'd say check at the highest dollar plumbing shop ye can find. Don't ask me how I know about this mess...

/ Time For A New Kitchen Faucet. Recommendations? #5  
I've had good luck with Delta and Price Pfister and I buy them from the big box stores, which a lot of people say is a problem. I have bought nearer the top of the line than the bottom and I think that gives you a much better product.

/ Time For A New Kitchen Faucet. Recommendations? #6  
Well, I hope your wrong about Moen, cause I just bought one. My disposal started leaking through the motor seals last week, and our faucet (Kohler, about 8 years old) was on its las legs . I figured the best time to replace the faucet was when the disposal was out. I had the opposite problem shopping for one. Nobody seemed to have the right style or finish.

We ordered a Moen Brantford faucet, supposed to arrive today. Got the pull down model with motion sense. Doesn't matter to me if I can't use it in a power outage as I am on a well anyway.

I guess time will tell.

/ Time For A New Kitchen Faucet. Recommendations? #7  
We installed two of these - The Foodie - at the new house. I think of Danze as a second-tier maker, but they seem to be really well made and perform perfectly. I am a bit concerned about parts availability should any ever be needed, but will cross that bridge if I ever get to it.

- Jay

/ Time For A New Kitchen Faucet. Recommendations? #8  
I've used Moen exclusively for over 10 years, kitchen and both baths, no problems so far and I've been told by a hardware store owner that they stand behind their products very well. They did have an issue a few years ago with the cartridges in the bath and tub units going bad over the temperature regulation, but anyone that contacted them got a newer cartridge sent back.

The kitchen faucet has the hose through the spigot and the only problem we've ever had with that was when SWMBO stacked up a lot of cleaning stuff underneath the sink that caused the hose to not drop down correctly, which caused it to snag when you pulled it up.

If I had to get a new unit today, I'd start looking at Moen.

Just my opinion and experience.

/ Time For A New Kitchen Faucet. Recommendations? #9  
Had good luck with Delta in recent years, no complaints. Ours has the nozzle that pulls down to be a hose, and so far it works Ok in the rare times I need a hose. The head has a switch that toggles between stream and spray (shower style). They use a soft rubber material for the spray nozzle pattern, and it's easy to break/rub off hard water deposits.

I'd skip the fancy touch units, seems like a lot of extra crap that could break or fail.

The Delta at our old house and new house both came from the plumbing supply shop nearby. HD and Lowes had similar faucets with slightly different model numbers and lower cost. Plumbers tell me they are not the same, that they cut a few corners to be competitive on price.