When does it start to warm up were you live?

/ When does it start to warm up were you live? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
When does it start to warm up where you live? We were over 50 today, same tomorrow and should be in the middle 50's in a few weeks. That's close enough for Spring Fever in my book.

How about your area? When do you start to warm up?

/ When does it start to warm up were you live? #2  
We were in the mid 60's today. I have seen the trees start budding in early March. Sometimes we get a lot of snow in late March. Last chance of frost is in mid to late April to be safe.

I have had 75 degrees on Christmas day and heavy snow in the last week of March.

/ When does it start to warm up were you live? #3  
72 today in central Oklahoma, 72 predicted for tomorrow, but spring is a long way off.

Capture.JPG

/ When does it start to warm up were you live? #4  
In the high fifties. Way too warm for February. Climate is changing, this is unheard of.

/ When does it start to warm up were you live? #5  
We have been and are in the low to mid 50's. This is quite warm for this time of year here. Ten day forecast appears to be in low 50's or high 40's.

/ When does it start to warm up were you live? #6  
Yep, we're about a month ahead of schedule for these temperatures. Been averaging close to 20 degrees above normal for this time of year. Way below normal snow pack in the mountains may cause issues this summer, but I'm already doing spring chores--nice!! Regards, Mike

/ When does it start to warm up were you live? #7  
Today 80 degrees

/ When does it start to warm up were you live? #9  
January temps around here averaged about 1.6 degrees below long term average. Burned our wood stove the entire month...first time we've ever done that.

We usually get a warm spell or two during the winter...which we will be having today - 67.

We often get a snow or two in March and got 6" the first week of April last year - unusually cold since that's the week before the trees start greening up, the dogwood blooms start popping, and the first hummingbirds arrive.

/ When does it start to warm up were you live? #10  
As with many things - it depends. I farm and need to keep a close check on temperatures to make the best of things. I record the previous 24 hrs max and min plus current soil temp at 9.30 a.m. I know proper stations do it at 9, but it suits me to do it half an hour later. I have done this since a little while after settling in when we moved here in 2003 from northern Scotland.

In the early years we had about half a dozen minimums of minus 6ºC (that is somewhere in the mid 20sF I think) every year, but nothing like that for a few years. From 20 Dec 2013 to 30 Dec 2014 we did not have a single minimum below freezing point. Consequently trees bloomed early last year, which was our warmest to date. I use an Acacia tree as a benchmark to give me an idea when my apricot trees will begin blooming, followed soon after by plums and almonds. Different varieties may be early, mid or late flowerers, of course. Last year the acacia was in full bloom on 29 Jan. This year it is almost, but not quite fully out today. The apricots were showing colour by Valentines Day (next Saturday - and forget it at your peril if your other half is expecting something) but they will not make that this year.

What I have noticed is that I have gone through the last two winters wearing only one pair of cotton socks whilst working outside. I cannot remember that since I farmed in Australia. Our highest max so far this year was 60F the last few days of January and earlier that month our max was hovering around 45F for a few days. Been in the mid 50s max for a week. There is some snow on the high ground to the north of us, but maybe not enough for the ski runs to be operating. Height there is just short of 2000m so a long way lower than many other European countries. They built a short tower to take it over the 2000m mark.