NH Farm and Forest Expo

/ NH Farm and Forest Expo #1  

PhilNH5

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B3000HSDCC
For those of you in SE NH or Northern Mass - This weekend is the NH Farm and forest Expo at the Center of NH - Holiday Inn in Manchester.
It is on Friday Feb 6 from 9 -9 and Sat from 9 - 4.

We go each year. It is small but worth it as it only costs 3 bucks.

Phil

/ NH Farm and Forest Expo #2  
Im planning to be there Fri for the Forage management talks. Looks like it should be pretty good too.

/ NH Farm and Forest Expo #3  
As long as the roads are not too slippery I plan on heading over Friday afternoon. The ride over Temple Mt. can be a challenge when the roads are ice or snow covered.

Randy

/ NH Farm and Forest Expo #4  
It's supposed to snow here sometime friday, probably late afternoon to evening if you believe the weather talking heads. I have to go west over Temple mountain and then on to Hinsdale to referee a boys HS basketball game friday night. I am not looking forward to the drive in the snow.

/ NH Farm and Forest Expo #5  
I do not envy the drive you have to make, maybe they will cancel the game if the weather is bad. You probably drive Rt. 119 from 101 in Peterboro, that is not a nice road in the winter.

I drive though Hinsdale every day going and coming from work. Becareful out there!

Randy

/ NH Farm and Forest Expo #6  
The visiting team is from Pittsfield just east of Concord so I assume/hope they will cancel if the weather even looks the slightest bit bad. It is at least a 2.5 to 3 hr drive from Hinsdale to Pittsfield.

I actually take 101 to Keene then turn left and head to Winchester then on to Hinsdale. I really hate to go there, its so darn depressing. What do people around there do for a living?

/ NH Farm and Forest Expo #8  
I live in Winchester and I know what you mean. Actually the place is not as dismall as it was 30 years ago when I moved here. I am glad to be 2 miles out of the center of town on the edge of a 13,000 acre State wilderness park.

Most people work in the Keene area, some even commute to the Manchester / Nashua area where I grew up.

Randy

/ NH Farm and Forest Expo #9  
Was there this morning for the forage management seminar which was very well done. The only problem was it didnt last long enough. The exhibition area was interesting but had to move thru it quickly.I'm going again tomorrow to have a longer and better look. Its well worht $3.00 admission charge.