How many of you guys here really, really enjoy cooking and planning meals?

/ How many of you guys here really, really enjoy cooking and planning meals? #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
We have three other couples coming over tonight to enjoy my chicken veggie soup and home made sourdough bread....and I did it all. Just how many of the other guys here can say they have the same ability to prepare a dinner for others?

/ How many of you guys here really, really enjoy cooking and planning meals? #2  
I bake all bread and cook all meals at our house, do the dishes too. I love baking sourdough.....getting ready to build up starter to bake 24 loaves Sunday. Got any pics of yours?

5564363348_011206d16c_z_d.jpg

10516069256_9e89205d45_z_d.jpg

/ How many of you guys here really, really enjoy cooking and planning meals?
I bake all bread and cook all meals at our house, do the dishes too. I love baking sourdough.....getting ready to build up starter to bake 24 loaves Sunday. Got any pics of yours?

View attachment 414182

View attachment 414181

First try EVER at cooking sourdough from my Oster bread machine...have made dozens of loaves of other types will send pics of sourdough if they are worth sharing....

/ How many of you guys here really, really enjoy cooking and planning meals? #4  
I am learning more about cooking since I retired than ever before.
Mostly cook on the Barbar Q Grille but am picking up more about the night-house stove.
Just put in. New Wolf Four burner gas stove during the remodel, hoping to learn more and get to use its capabilities.

I haven't tried bread yet but thinking on it, any recipes or tips for good Sour Dough bread .

/ How many of you guys here really, really enjoy cooking and planning meals? #5  
First try EVER at cooking sourdough from my Oster bread machine...have made dozens of loaves of other types will send pics of sourdough if they are worth sharing....

Hope it turns out good for you. Hard to beat a good loaf of bread. Let me know if you need any specific sourdough help.

/ How many of you guys here really, really enjoy cooking and planning meals?
Mostly cook on the Barbar Q Grille but am picking up more about the night-house stove.
Just put in. New Wolf Four burner gas stove during the remodel, hoping to learn more and get to use its capabilities.

I haven't tried bread yet but thinking on it, any recipes or tips for good Sour Dough bread .

Only bread making I have ever done is with a machine from Goodwill...$6 or $7 each but I love the results.

/ How many of you guys here really, really enjoy cooking and planning meals? #7  

Takes about a month to get a strong starter going, after that it's not too awfully different from yeast bread. Just have to be a little patient and watch room temperatures during the dough's rising time. There is a Website called "The Fresh Loaf" that is very helpful when it comes to baking advice.

/ How many of you guys here really, really enjoy cooking and planning meals? #8  
Back to the original topic... :)... I do most of the cooking here, even when we have company over. Part of it comes from the fact that I work from home so I can put a pot of chili on the stove or a few racks of ribs on the smoker and it's ready when she comes home. I can also whip up some pretty good desserts and a some pretty tasty "adult beverages". :) Even for things like Thanksgiving or Christmas, I will cook most of the dishes. And, yes, I enjoy doing the cookings... almost as much as I enjoy doing the eating!

/ How many of you guys here really, really enjoy cooking and planning meals? #9  
Here is a bread anyone with a dutch oven with a lid can make. You really can't mess it up--well you could but if you do cooking isn't going to be your hobby. :laughing:

No-Knead Dutch Oven Bread Recipe - Real Food - MOTHER EARTH NEWS

Once you get a feel for the dough, you can change things up by substituting 1/3 whole wheat flour for white. Adding some honey and a bit extra yeast will help whole wheat dough rise better as it tends to be heavy. Substitute semolina flour for some of the bread flour. Add some millet, flax seed, etc. for other flavors.

Nice looking sourdough polo1665.

/ How many of you guys here really, really enjoy cooking and planning meals? #10  
I do at least half our cooking, but we do a lot of it together. My wife and I are both extremely busy, so we cherish the time we get to spend together in the kitchen. Lately it's not happening as often as I'd like it to.

One of our specialties is risotto. My favorite is with chicken, broccoli, and carrots. We also do a lot of pasta dishes, like fettuccini alfredo or pasta in vodka cream sauce. We make a great herb-rubbed pork tenderloin. Tonight, we're having rotini in pesto cream sauce with chicken and cauliflower.

Cooking is really rewarding when you start with basic ingredients and turn them into something special. Food is a big part of our travel, so when we try something really delicious we'll often figure out how to recreate it and then how to make it more to our taste.