How fast can you lose something??

/ How fast can you lose something?? #1  

jymbee

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey 1652, 1949 Farmall H
This morning I wanted to replace the battery in a remote control I took of the cover to see what kind of battery it needed. On the way to get a new battery I realized the wood fire was getting low so I took a few minutes to stoke the fire back up.

Ok... now where did I set that remote down? Has to be right here as I haven't gone any farther than 20 feet since I set it down...

Not here.. no, not here... must be... no, not there... Well c'mon-- this is ridiculous. I just had it in my hand a couple minutes ago it HAS to be right in front of my face somewhere!

I'd say it took me well over five minutes to find the darned thing and even THEN, I apparently had set down the battery cover yet someplace else, it took me another few minutes to find THAT!

My conclusion: As time goes by, some sadistic manufacturers are obviously building a secret type of camouflage into their products that's causing this kind of frustration for consumers. And they're obviously perfecting the technology as they seem to be getting better and better at it as I get older.

/ How fast can you lose something?? #2  
Ha! Happens to me too.

First place I look is in the refrigerator or microwave. Not finding the lost object in those locations relieves the fear that I am succumbing to Alzheimer's. :laughing:

Once I realize it's "lost" I can't stop looking obsessively until I find it.

/ How fast can you lose something?? #3  
I can lose it as I set it down... took a laser pointer end cap off, sitting at my desk. Never left the seat... couldn't find it. A week later it showed up in my desk draw.

/ How fast can you lose something?? #4  
I can lose it as I set it down... took a laser pointer end cap off, sitting at my desk. Never left the seat... couldn't find it. A week later it showed up in my desk draw.

The cat was tired of you tormenting it, so it hid it!:laughing:

/ How fast can you lose something?? #5  
A buddy of mine often reminds me,

"It ain't gonna get no better!" :D

/ How fast can you lose something?? #7  
I lose things in a heartbeat these days. It gets annoying.

/ How fast can you lose something?? #8  
There's a reason I have 12 tape measures... several hammers... and so on. If you can't find a tool, then you ain't got one... I buy another one so I have it!

Just started with reading glasses... bought 4 pair to start with... got one left. Best is when I "find them" on my head!

/ How fast can you lose something?? #9  
There's a reason I have 12 tape measures... several hammers... and so on. If you can't find a tool, then you ain't got one... I buy another one so I have it! Just started with reading glasses... bought 4 pair to start with... got one left. Best is when I "find them" on my head!
Or if your like my father and not very organized. If he can't find it he just goes and buys another!

/ How fast can you lose something?? #10  
I can loose things faster than I can remember having it.
I have 5 tape measures strategically located around the house. They will all end up in the same location and I cannot remember where that location is.:confused: