Anyone already thinking of springtime?

/ Anyone already thinking of springtime? #1  

Gary Fowler

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010
Its a nice spring day today about 68F so thoughts turned to spring time. I didn't change the oil in my mowers last fall for some reason or other so I decided that today was the day. I got the Ferris out and drained the oil and removed the oil filter only to discover that the dealer gave me the wrong filter. This is getting a bit disgusting with that parts guy. I bought a new set of blades and the oil filter when I bought the mower and instead of 52" set they gave me 48" set so I had to take them back last spring (25 miles each way) and now another 50 miles driving to get the right oil filter. I did discover that I can get the same filter at Walmart for most likely less money. The same filter for my 26 HP B&S engine fits my Kawasaki 23 HP engine.
Anyway, I got everything oiled up and ready to go when it dries up from all the rain and snow we had. I will drop the mower low and mow off all the dead grass first so the fresh growth can come thru faster.

I suppose today I also can go around and pick up all the broken limbs from the ice storm. I have been waiting for the ground to dry out a bit so they are still just laying all over the property. Some will need to be cut now since they didn't break but just laid down on the ground.

/ Anyone already thinking of springtime? #2  
I have been but the weather here is very wet. The temps have come up to normal though.

/ Anyone already thinking of springtime? #3  
Very nice near St. Louis as well. The issue is our roads are getting very mushy. Seems to happen every few years when Spring comes an dthe winter freeze melts.

Grass will be growing very soon. I also just changed the oil and filter in my mowers. Happily, both started just fine after quite a layoff.

MoKelly

/ Anyone already thinking of springtime? #4  
Thinking about spring but we have a long way to go here :(

/ Anyone already thinking of springtime? #5  
Yep. It sure feels like spring weather here. 75F currently. Been out working on my garden tractor "The one in my avatar" adjusting the carb to get it running right. It's been stalling out.

Think I finally got it fixed. Probably take it down the street for a test run tomorrow. "Hopefully it stays running and doesn't make me push it. lol"

/ Anyone already thinking of springtime? #6  
Ya was +50F 2 days in a row. The maple sap must be running like crazy now. I was already approached by the gal that runs the CSA farm if I would be ready to do her new field rototilling. Of course I told her I would but that's a long way off right now considering there is still over 2 feet of snow just about everywhere here and we still have to have mud season first! :D

/ Anyone already thinking of springtime? #7  
Its been around 40F (above 0F):cool2:the last couple of days but still have 3ft of snow on the ground. Should see some grass around mid may and be dry enough to get on the field by June. This nice warm up has me digging at the grill that has been nothing but a hump in the back yard since November.:D

/ Anyone already thinking of springtime? #8  
82F today - too warm and just the beginning. Spent yesterday getting the ZTR serviced and new blades, servicing the chipper/vac, and picking up twigs, branches, and yard junk. Spent today vacuuming leaves... lots and lots and lots of leaves...

/ Anyone already thinking of springtime? #9  
Plus 40-50F in Northern NY,quite a change from a couple weeks ago.We have lost a foot or so of our three feet that we had.It is suppose to go back down in the 20's at nite so that will slow the melt down.Everyone is ready for spring around here.Averaged 7.3 F for the month of February............+100 inches of snow.

/ Anyone already thinking of springtime? #10  
60F and sunny here today, snow 99% gone, sure feels like Spring. Have an urge to fire up the chainsaw. No ticks, snakes, mosquitoes, gnats, chiggers, or deerflys yet.