Good country living

/ Good country living #1  

Gary Fowler

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010
Yesterday was a very good day, for a change. It has been cloudy and raining much of the time here lately but yesterday broke with sunny skies. My neighbors ZTR just quit working a couple days ago and for some reason it popped into my mind what the problem was which was good, except it was 3 A.M. when it happened and then I couldn't go back to sleep. Finally got up at 4 A.M., had breakfast, checked email and TBN till I was sure my neighbor was up. I went over and took a look at the mower and sure enough the drive belt was off just as I suspected.

We couldn't really get to it or see what we were doing without lifting the mower, so I got my B26 TLB and chained it to the FEL, lifting it onto the front wheels with the rear about chest high. It then took about 2 minutes to reposition the belt and align the tensioner. Then drop the mower back on the ground and attach the tensioner spring. JOB Complete. TLB use sure made it easy and we didn't have to get under the mower (for you safety police)we just reached in from the sides.

Then we got to looking at a trailer he had that would be good for hauling mowers, motorcyles, etc but the tongue jack was frozen up. He had a new one to put on but the old one was welded solid to the tongue. I hooked the trailer to my Kubota RTV and away we went to my shop where with combination of grinder and oxy-acetylene torch, I got the old one off, ground down the remaining weld, popped the new one on and welded it in place.

We were back at his Man Cave by 0920 and looking for something else to do. After finally deciding that nothing else was needed at the time, we decided with the good weather we should get the bikes out for a "Live to Ride, Ride to Eat" session. After killing some time at home waiting for near lunch time to arrive, I maneuvered my Goldwing out from between my truck and wifes car and rode next door where my neighbor was prepping his Harley by checking the tire pressures. His were low but mine were a perfect. We rode into Hot Springs and had some very good Chinese buffet, then on to the Honda shop to admire there bikes and look for an IPOD carrying case for George and his Harley. They had none so we rode around town some more and then headed home arriving about 1500 hrs. I was a bit tuckered out from missing 3 -4 hours of sleep so after putting away the bike, I headed for the recliner for an afternoon nap.

It was a very good day all round. Rarely do I get to finish work and have some relaxation and socializing in the same day.

/ Good country living #2  
Sure does sound like you are living the good life!!!!!

Nice job on fixing the mower, that can be frustrating and there is nothing like somebody coming over and knowing what the problem is.

Eddie

/ Good country living #3  
Definitely living the GOOD life!! Sounds like a great day!!

BUT... Would George really use an IPOD carrying case from the Honda dealer on his :united-states: HARLEY!!?? :eek:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

NOTE: I know that Honda's are also made right here in the USA! (in Ohio)

/ Good country living #5  
There's nothing like finding a good quick solution to a problem. That's what I love about the country life. You bring your skills or they bring their skills and -- vroom -- it starts and runs and all is right with the world. And you didn't spend hours in traffic or spend a fortune to do it. My son-in-law-to-be worked with me on lubing my tractor yesterday. It was just great. He saw stuff I didn't and I showed him stuff he didn't know. {Amazing how many people can't load a grease gun - but then who wants to} The stocking truck came by so I sent them down to the crick [creek for those not from central PA] on the STAVs to fish. Then we all went in for pot roast and pecan pie [made it myself]. Priceless.

/ Good country living #6  
I occasionally know that feeling also. Everything goes right and the day ends beautifully. You remember those times.

/ Good country living #7  
Sounds like a good day, I love days like that. I also love the rainy days, cold days, hot days, ect. ect. ect. If it were not for the rainy days before that day it would not have been as good. I am getting so I am looking for a nice rainy day so I can take it easy and not feel bad.