What do you do for vacation

/ What do you do for vacation #1  

KevT

Platinum Member
Gilchrist County side of High Springs, FL
Tractor
Kubota L3901 HST w/ FEL, ST2046
Living close to the Mickey Mouse farm, we choose to go out of state on vacation. Next week I am going with some friends to Perry, GA for an Amish auction. Should be a good time. It will only be 3 days, but for me that is a vacation.

So what does everyone else do?

/ What do you do for vacation #2  
The red head I've been putting up with...errrh...uhhh... been married to for 37 years tries to drag me off somewhere for 3 or 4 days, but it's like pulling teeth. She love the beach...but, I was in the Navy for 4 years and had plenty of sand and salt water to last me for the rest of my life. She can usually convince (whine) me into doing something every other year or so. Fortunately she does have a good friend that has a beach house down at gulf shores and goes there with her 3 or 4 times a year for a "girls" trip with her buddies. She does put up with me and my "toys" so I can't complain too much. :cool: I just don't care to be around crowds or tourists or not sleeping in my own bed. I guess with 71 acres that I have plenty to do to keep me busy anyway. I think I just like home the most. My youngest son just moved to be a manager at a resort in North Carolina and she was complaining about missing her baby.....so, I see a trip (12 hours from here) soon to pacify her. Ugh. Mama just doesn't ever let go of her babies. :(

/ What do you do for vacation #3  
One needs about 2 weeks to really decompress. I thought it was the Japanese who had to be taught how to relax but coming to the conclusion that it is a very common lifestyle issue here in the US too. I try to go on camping trips in the Rockies. 18 hours driving there + 18 hours driving back. 2 weeks worth is about the least time that makes sense. Done the same thing driving from MI to the Florida Keys. 24 hrs worth of driving. One can rent a home there for less money than towing an RV and paying for fuel.

/ What do you do for vacation #4  
living in central part of florida ....anything north is good for me to get away from this hussel part of the state.. developers are buying all the land around here fast anymore

/ What do you do for vacation #5  
That's kind of funny, seems everyone from Florida heads north for vacation, we go south to Florida for two weeks every year! The wife loves the beaches and seafood. Her sister lives down there where we go and she also heads north for vacation.

We also like camping in the mountains for a week or two in the fall, plus whenever her schedule gives her four straight days off, we like to drag the camper to some out of the way campground just to get away for a bit

/ What do you do for vacation #6  
Half of my vacation doing projects and spring cleaning outside rest of vacation between what pops up Mrs. has plan.

/ What do you do for vacation #7  
My wife loves the beach. She never saw it until we married and took our first vacation there. We camped with family vacations to the beach over the 4th of July for over 20 years. That was the only vacation time we had available and it was not relaxing. Now we have sold the camper and trek to the beach in the spring and fall during less busy times.

/ What do you do for vacation #8  
Living in the country, listening to the birds sing, tinkering with all my toys, while listening to country music on a good stereo is my type of vacation. I also enjoy the river, and going on nice drives thru the country with my nice cars.
The older I get , the less risks I want to take, so I enjoy staying near home.
I,ve seem lots of the world, luckily long ago, before things got out of hand, and consider myself very lucky for the miles I have flown and roads I have travelled, to not have had any major issues or problems.
I really do enjoy sleeping in my own bed, every night.

/ What do you do for vacation #9  
We have our vacation every day that it is not to cold, we get something to drink, she coffee me water and sit on the back porch and talk, watch the neighbors cows, look at the differences in the trees on the hill, watch the birds and other critters. I know it is a pretty action packed time but that is how we like it. We sometimes even carry out a snack. We have been doing this for almost 10 years and we still enjoy it.

/ What do you do for vacation #10  
We take a trip with friends every other year. Typically somewhere in Central America. Wife and friends insist on being on the beach. I get too bored too quickly. I typically take my laptop so I can work a few hours a day to stay current. I prefer an active vacation. Best trips I have taken were sailing trips in the Keys and Bahamas, and cycling tours through the Colorado Rockies.