Favorite whole bean coffee???????

/ Favorite whole bean coffee??????? #1  

Ed of all trades

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere X310, JD LA 145
Thanks to Sixdogs coffee maker thread I have ordered a new Areo press coffee maker and a hand grinder for my wife but I have no idea what coffee beans to get. What is your favorite? Thanks Ed

/ Favorite whole bean coffee??????? #2  
I do Columbian Dark Roast, but I like my coffee dark and strong.

/ Favorite whole bean coffee??????? #3  
We buy our coffee beans in 5# bags from: [URL="http://www.coffeebeandirect.com/[/URL]
I'm no sales person but I have found a number of coffees that I truly enjoy.
You'll find the prices quite reasonable and shipping is free with a certain size order.
We usually order only twice a year to save on S/H.
Our list of favorites are: (Not necessarily in order)
Highlander Grogg, Jamaica Me Crazy, Sinful Delight, Chocolate Raspberry and Strawberry Cheesecake....to name a few.
Yes, there are the Jamaican, Ethiopian, Hawaiian and assorted dark roasts, as well, for those who favor such.
They sell small Samplers and ground coffee, as well as, 1#, 5# and 50# bags of whole beans.
They're in New Jersey. So shipping takes only 2-3 days to Florida via UPS.

Enjoy,

Max

/ Favorite whole bean coffee??????? #6  
I highly prefer Ethiopoian Yirgacheffe, light roast.

/ Favorite whole bean coffee??????? #7  
8 O'clock Columbian works just fine for me. Millstone Foglifter if I am feeling like splurging. FWIW, straight up, no suger, milk or other assorted additives.

/ Favorite whole bean coffee??????? #8  
I'd search for a local roaster and see what they have to offer. The fresher the roast the more flavor and aroma. IMO if the roast is 90 days old, you might as well go to the grocery store and get a bag.
I get a dark roasted blend of Colombian, Costa Rican Tarrazu, and an Ethopian Harrar bean. Full bodied never bitter.

/ Favorite whole bean coffee??????? #10  
8 O'clock Columbian works just fine for me. Millstone Foglifter if I am feeling like splurging. FWIW, straight up, no suger, milk or other assorted additives.

Straight up is the only way to drink coffee, in my opinion. I don't know how true this is but, I have heard that black coffee is helpful for asthma sufferers.