Dead beat dad.???

/ Dead beat dad.??? #1  

John White

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030
I have a neighbor that is a dead beat dad. Over the years he has paid very little child support and never sees his kid. About 14 years ago he had a good job driving for a national big trucking co. (they were taking child support out of his check) Making 60 to 70 k a year. He took up with a woman and was afraid she would run off with some one else so he quit his job. He didn't pay child support so they took his drivers license. He just stays home and runs the internet scams trying to make a buck. His girl friend works and they just barely scratch by. They have to go to the food pantry every month. He despises churches and any one who believes in God but has the nerve to go to churches and ask for a hand out. (why don't the pot growers of society help him or the atheist society) He owes thousands of dollars in back child support. (plus student loans) Question is: He will probably come into a lot of money in the next few years or so when a relative dies. Can the court attach this money? I feel like I should say something to the person willing it to him that it might be better spent giving it to some one else or a church that has helped him.

/ Dead beat dad.??? #2  
The Christian attitude would be help of a positive nature. Not baseless derogatory comments of negative value. Yes??

/ Dead beat dad.??? #3  
Unless it's a cash inheritance I'm guessing Ohio's probate system will pick up on his delinquent payments and intercept the funds? Otherwise curb your frustration as he has nothing to do but make your life miserable should he discover you have intervened.

/ Dead beat dad.??? #4  
You would be better off to help the mom and the kid and not worry about the dead beat. He sounds like he has been a lost cause for a while. If someone has $ that might will it to him - maybe a suggestion to them about helping the kid ??

/ Dead beat dad.??? #5  
It just my humble opinion but you are truly playing with dynamite, there. Any intervention - no matter how well intentioned - will be perceived negatively. I would not want to live near a person who became so involved in my personal affairs nor vise versa. Just grit your teeth and stay out of this situation.

/ Dead beat dad.??? #6  
I'm not Christian, I'm one of those Atheists referenced above: notice how many wars we've started?

But I digress, no man is more contemptible than a negligent father. I tell my kids all the time: TASP.

Take Action to Solve the Problem.

/ Dead beat dad.??? #7  
I'd agree that a negligent father is contemptible, but I most definitely agree with those who say to stay out of this situation entirely. In other words, I'd mind my own business.

/ Dead beat dad.??? #8  
I have a neighbor that is a dead beat dad. Over the years he has paid very little child support and never sees his kid. About 14 years ago he had a good job driving for a national big trucking co. (they were taking child support out of his check) Making 60 to 70 k a year. He took up with a woman and was afraid she would run off with some one else so he quit his job. He didn't pay child support so they took his drivers license. He just stays home and runs the internet scams trying to make a buck. His girl friend works and they just barely scratch by. They have to go to the food pantry every month. He despises churches and any one who believes in God but has the nerve to go to churches and ask for a hand out. (why don't the pot growers of society help him or the atheist society) He owes thousands of dollars in back child support. (plus student loans) Question is: He will probably come into a lot of money in the next few years or so when a relative dies. Can the court attach this money? I feel like I should say something to the person willing it to him that it might be better spent giving it to some one else or a church that has helped him.

I might live near by you, lots of these "TYPES" anymore. All baby daddies and Mommies who want more kids for the extra welfare bonus checks and the bigger earned income tax credits... The one out front of me has 6 kids now and wants 9+ of them. They keep getting more $ every year have 2 vans in very good shape (donations and handouts) gets tons of tax money and gov checks. he works maybe 20 hrs a month "volunteering" as "animal/vet" 2 counties over who pays for all his supplies gas etc to come and go... :/ My other neighbor said he let it slip he got 17K in taxes earned income back this spring!!!

The city house has one next door (place has roof tore off now) waiting for city/county/state agency to PAY to have it fixed as he is drug convicted criminal who has kid on welfare & no one will hire drug dealers... So what do they do pop out babies and get bigger checks & all bills (free heat & electricity ect.) Last year (finally after 8 years of living there) they fixed 2 broken out windows) yep they walk around drinking smoking eat fast food everyday & get all free heat so why should they FIX something that they can get gov to fix for them or pay for the heat pouring out the broken windows...

M

/ Dead beat dad.??? #9  
Yes the dead beat dad is contemptible but I'd stay out of his finances. Getting into them will almost certainly get you lots of trouble. I'd spend the time being a good dad to your kids, assuming you have some. I do admire your knowing that good dads are important but this type of involvement isn't going to help him be a good dad.

/ Dead beat dad.??? #10  
If you are not involved with or a friend of this neighbor why would you care what he does?Just curious?