Annoyed by dirt bikers?

/ Annoyed by dirt bikers? #2  
It states that they were on a trail... Good for them.
My father had an ongoing feud with dirt bikers years ago who thought it was fun to ride side by side through his field... especially just as he was hooking up the mowing machine and baler. :(
Every time he talked to the local PD, they said there was nothing they could do. One day he got mad and said that they better advise kids that there were a lot of woodchucks around and they MAY be in the line of fire... End of problem.

I'm not saying that was right, but it worked.

/ Annoyed by dirt bikers? #3  
Down here a retired Army Colonel killed two four wheeler riders. He got tired of them destroying his rural property and pond. He had warned them multiple times and just snapped. He got his rifle out and killed two of them riding across his land again. There was a third one but he had returned to his home to fix a tire that was going flat or he would have died too. I've felt like it myself but would never resort to such. **** parents buy their kids these type of machines and don't have any land for them to ride on so they go to other peoples land. The retired officer did go to prison.

/ Annoyed by dirt bikers? #4  
Is it the sound of other people having fun that is so annoying?

Or just a general sense that since I don't/can't do it, no one should.

My self, I rode dirt bikes when I was young and can relate to the POSITIVE experience that the people are having. Would you rather they rob you to support a dope habit?

Pick your battles, try to appreciate whatever comes your way. Life should not suck.

/ Annoyed by dirt bikers? #5  
Like to see what happens to the guy and get the whole story if they was trespassing or what. I bet he has some thinking to do setting in jail,about how he could have went about it a different way. Win or lose it's cost him some days of freedom and lawyer bill,so a lose lose if ask me

/ Annoyed by dirt bikers? #8  
It states that they were on a trail... Good for them.
My father had an ongoing feud with dirt bikers years ago who thought it was fun to ride side by side through his field...
We run into more and more trails that are ATV and snowmobile only because of trail erosion and lck of consideration of land owners.

/ Annoyed by dirt bikers? #9  
Noise-wise it really doesn't bother me but, with only 6 acres, they're not hooning around on my land. However, my 'next door neighbour' is a State Forest with heaps of fire fighting roads. It's mostly a weekend thing and the bikes don't have headlights so they're done by dusk and, being a weekend, they don't start at a "sparrow's fart" either... usually 11ish.

On the flip side, there's a young bloke who trains for motocross every day at 1500... right after school. Fortunately, he trains just over a hill from me and, again, goes until dusk. I don't mind him either as he's good enough to be sponsored (2 new bikes a year) and I reckon that it'll only be a couple of more years until he turns Pro and moves away to the 'circuit'. More power to him and best of luck.

Being retired, I can go for a horse ride during the week... no biggie.

/ Annoyed by dirt bikers? #10  
Almost had the same here...

Retired and Decorated Navy commander told bikers they were not welcome on his property and pointed to the signs... he caught them digging ruts with the rear wheels where he had just planted... guess they had the front brake on.

Well, they came back later and cut fences and damaged/broke into his shed... he heard the bikes and went out with rifle in hand and fired a few rounds... it was a big deal because they were only kids... youngest age 12 out long after dark...

Anyway... after a big media frenzy... nothing happened... they interviewed the old guy who was a well like volunteer at the animal shelter and he flat out said he fought WWII and was not going to be a victim on his own property...

I could only imagine if someone would have been injured...

One thing for sure... he NEVER had any trouble after that and kids I went to High School said not to mess with that old guy.