Norton, Kaspersky or McAfee?

/ Norton, Kaspersky or McAfee? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, KubotaL4300, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
We have Norton right now and aren't happy with it so I've decided to switch to either McAfee or Kaspersky. I'm leaning towards Kaspersky but for no reason other than I see the box at Costco. Maybe McAfee? Does anyone have opinions on these or experience for a recommendation? Thank you.

/ Norton, Kaspersky or McAfee? #2  
I bought Kaspersky last year and have had no problems. Last time I tried McAfee was many years ago. As I recall it was ok then. Seems I heard bad words about Norton a few years ago. Things change from year to year, tho.

/ Norton, Kaspersky or McAfee? #3  
We have Norton right now and aren't happy with it so I've decided to switch to either McAfee or Kaspersky. I'm leaning towards Kaspersky but for no reason other than I see the box at Costco. Maybe McAfee? Does anyone have opinions on these or experience for a recommendation? Thank you.

What don't you like about Norton?

/ Norton, Kaspersky or McAfee? #4  
I like Avast, second choice would be AVG. Neither are bloated resource hogs like Norton or McAfee and they are both free.

/ Norton, Kaspersky or McAfee? #5  
I like Avast, second choice would be AVG. Neither are bloated resource hogs like Norton or McAfee and they are both free.

Another vote for FREE AVG,I have had it for several years and it works well.Newest version is called AVG ZEN.
Couldn't recommend Norton or McAfee.

/ Norton, Kaspersky or McAfee? #7  
I have had all three at one time or another.
I gave up on Norton and McAfee because they both seem to have the attitude that what they are doing is more important than allowing you to actually use the computer.
I am currently using Kaspersky. It has not been a problem so far.

/ Norton, Kaspersky or McAfee? #8  

I've had them all . I have Kaspersky now, and like it better, although it was a little harder to set up it seems to work best.

/ Norton, Kaspersky or McAfee?
What don't you like about Norton?

Seems like it consumes a lot of time and effort and I think it has still let some problems through. I had to call on a new computer fix and out of the box they guessed it was Norton. I'm not sure if they were just fooling me but I went through a long fix that they said is common with Norton. Next are certain pop ups that I cannot seem to stop. Next is fixes that I have to sometimes go through. Maybe it's just me.

/ Norton, Kaspersky or McAfee? #10  

I've tried those 3 and they all caused more problems than they solve. Been using Webroot the past year without any problems.