Brown is stuck in my lower gravel driveway

/ Brown is stuck in my lower gravel driveway #1  

k0ua

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kioti DK35se Hydrostat
I heard a racket in the my lower drive a few minutes ago, and a huge( the biggest one they have) Brown truck (UPS) was stuck crosswise in between my lower drive and the main road. He had tried to back down the hill and did not get over enough and could not cut it hard enough to get the rear end into the lower drive.. He was backed up against my forsythia bush with one hind dual wheel darn near buried. Can't get up due to the extreme slope, can go backwards due to the bush, the retaining wall and the tree. and listing to starboard.:shocked:

The driver was whining pretty hard about being his first day on the job, and felt he would be dismissed over this. I guess he failed driving 101.

He called his supervisor and they sent a mechanic. I talked to the mechanic and said I could get my tractor past the lower drive by going over the rocks, and get in front of him and pull him out if he would place the chain on the truck. We all agreed that whatever pulled off of the truck was his problem. I strung out 65 foot of chain so I get up on the only flat spot on the drive and gently pulled him right out after they dug the mound of gravel out in front of the tires with my hoe and shovel. I told the mechanic to not be too hard on the newby, as lot of people have trapped themselves in that lower drive thru brute force and ignorance.:D

Driving in Branson is always fun.!:)

/ Brown is stuck in my lower gravel driveway #2  
I heard a racket in the my lower drive a few minutes ago, and a huge( the biggest one they have) Brown truck (UPS) was stuck crosswise in between my lower drive and the main road. He had tried to back down the hill and did not get over enough and could not cut it hard enough to get the rear end into the lower drive.. He was backed up against my forsythia bush with one hind dual wheel darn near buried. Can't get up due to the extreme slope, can go backwards due to the bush, the retaining wall and the tree. and listing to starboard.:shocked:

The driver was whining pretty hard about being his first day on the job, and felt he would be dismissed over this. I guess he failed driving 101.

He called his supervisor and they sent a mechanic. I talked to the mechanic and said I could get my tractor past the lower drive by going over the rocks, and get in front of him and pull him out if he would place the chain on the truck. We all agreed that whatever pulled off of the truck was his problem. I strung out 65 foot of chain so I get up on the only flat spot on the drive and gently pulled him right out after they dug the mound of gravel out in front of the tires with my hoe and shovel. I told the mechanic to not be too hard on the newby, as lot of people have trapped themselves in that lower drive thru brute force and ignorance.:D

Driving in Branson is always fun.!:)

I think we've all been there, at some point while learning. ;)
Delivering Christmas flowers for the family flowershop when I was in HS... I (tried to) follow a vehicle up a long, snowy, steep driveway. They knew the lane, I didn't: and ended up sideways between two trees. I made like ET and called home, Father came to the rescue. :D

At least you were able to help out. :thumbsup:

/ Brown is stuck in my lower gravel driveway #3  

Driving in Branson is always fun.!
:)

Driving in Branson is a nightmare...always. I think part of the problem is they passed a law that there must always be some sort of highway improvement going on at all times.

/ Brown is stuck in my lower gravel driveway
I think we've all been there, at some point while learning. ;)
Delivering Christmas flowers for the family flowershop when I was in HS... I (tried to) follow a vehicle up a long, snowy, steep driveway. They knew the lane, I didn't: and ended up sideways between two trees. I made like ET and called home, Father came to the rescue. :D

At least you were able to help out. :thumbsup:

I enjoyed helping them git going. For one thing my road was blocked, and I couldn't see any way a tow truck was going to be able to do much. Maybe a snatch block on one of my trees or something and pull the other way, but that looked like a real pain, and besides seat time on the tractor pulling out a monster size truck is always fun.:)

/ Brown is stuck in my lower gravel driveway #5  
good job.

When I was building my house, and my neighbor was building at the same time, one of his delivery trucks got stuck in the mud. I hopped on the track loader my excavator had at my house, went over and offered to pull him out. He was afraid of damaging the truck, so I said, how about if I push from the back, and he agreed. put the bucket teeth up against the back of his flatbed and just had to give a gentle push and he was able to pull away once he got moving. He then stopped out near the road and went back to inspect his truck for damages.... I wished I hadn't helped him.

/ Brown is stuck in my lower gravel driveway #6  
good job.

When I was building my house, and my neighbor was building at the same time, one of his delivery trucks got stuck in the mud. I hopped on the track loader my excavator had at my house, went over and offered to pull him out. He was afraid of damaging the truck, so I said, how about if I push from the back, and he agreed. put the bucket teeth up against the back of his flatbed and just had to give a gentle push and he was able to pull away once he got moving. He then stopped out near the road and went back to inspect his truck for damages.... I wished I hadn't helped him.

Yeah. I know what you mean. I once pushed a couple of guys stuck in some deep sand out of their predicament; feeling good, I thought I would get at least a "thank you", instead they gave me the bird as they drove away. Hard to figure that one out, but it sorta changed my mind on who I help and where.

/ Brown is stuck in my lower gravel driveway #7  
I had to pull our Fedex guy out a couple months ago. While looking for a home, he drove about 800 feet down a gravel construction road on an empty lot. It was all loose #3 gravel, so it was like marbles for a 2WD van when he tried to turn around on an 8' wide road. I can't imagine what possessed him to drive that far in -- would have been obvious to me that 1) this was not a home's driveway, and 2) it was not safe to drive on.

/ Brown is stuck in my lower gravel driveway
I had to pull our Fedex guy out a couple months ago. While looking for a home, he drove about 800 feet down a gravel construction road on an empty lot. It was all loose #3 gravel, so it was like marbles for a 2WD van when he tried to turn around on an 8' wide road. I can't imagine what possessed him to drive that far in -- would have been obvious to me that 1) this was not a home's driveway, and 2) it was not safe to drive on.

I know, I would have not tried to do what he tried to do, but hey, it was his first day on the job. The brown truck comes nearly every day to our house and all the experienced drivers have no trouble. I was glad to help, it was fun.

/ Brown is stuck in my lower gravel driveway #9  
I think that will be his last day on the job. Friend of mine works at UPS. He told me if a driver has an accident or gets stuck they are fired.

/ Brown is stuck in my lower gravel driveway #10  
Sorry, Rule # 1 is invoked on this one: No pics - never happened.:confused3: