Jefferson City vai St Louis

/ Jefferson City vai St Louis #1  

PBMAX

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC21D
I actually know right were and when for a change a couple weeks early.
will be flying in Sunday morning to St Louis on the 28th. Maybe take a few hrs site seeing or a visit if any one wants to....

Any Recommedations on sites.... between St Louis and Jefferson City?

Headed to Jefferson Corectional Center....Place for young ones(BRATS) I think....

From there MD then home on FRiday.....

O' Found out I have a very COMMON ALERGY today...
It seems I am alergic to WORK!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Cure is supossed to be retirment /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Apparently the cure is in short supply and may take 15 to 30 yrs to get mine /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Jefferson City vai St Louis
cant't edit the topic should say VIA uuuuggggggggghhhhhh..... HAte when I do that.....

/ Jefferson City vai St Louis #3  
Paul,

I live near Columbia and make the drive to St. Louis way more than I would like. I can't think of much of anything between St. Louis and Jeff City that I would drive more than a mile to see, but maybe some of the other Missery TBN'ers can come up with something. I suppose you could take a side trip to Hermann and tour a winery or two, if you're into that sort of thing. Then driving the back roads to Jeff City from there would be more scenic, at least.

Chuck

at 2hrs one way I can see your point....Be like me goingfrom home to the capital city... And who wants be around all that politcs any way??? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Jefferson City vai St Louis #5  
You know, you will probably take HWY 54 from I70 to Jeff City, and that goes through (or by, I haven't been that way) Fulton. Fulton is where Churchill gave his famous Iron Curtain speech, and they have some kind of memorial there at Westminster Colloege.

Unless conditions have changed recently, you'll really enjoy Missouri highways. We have potholes to brag about.

Chuck

/ Jefferson City vai St Louis #6  
US Hwy 50 is also an option if you want a more scenic, country-side type of drive. However, you'll also encounter the slower traffic that accompanies each small town you pass through.

Honestly, I'd take MO 100 through Washington, MO, which is right on the MO river. I'd follow that to Hermann, MO, where there are some very nice wineries, shops, and views of the river. Then, I'd take MO 19 south out of Herman to US 50. That's about a 20mile ride, pretty much straight south, and then 50 west directly into Jeff City. That route avoids the 75mph race on I-70, and will give you a good idea of mid-southern MO terrain. Right now, we're only just starting to get some green in the fields, but the daffodils are starting to bloom.

Regards,
Jay

The plain lands at 9:30 so I have pleanty of time to get there....Scenic may be just the ticket... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Jefferson City vai St Louis #8  
That is a nice drive. And you might see some tractors along the way!

/ Jefferson City vai St Louis #9  
The fellas are right. If you have the time, stay off I70 and you can see some countryside. I'm almost always in a hurry to get to or though St. Louis, so I've seen waaaaayyyy too much of that stretch of race track.

Chuck