Is there something wrong with me?

/ Is there something wrong with me? #11  
Before you get too bent out of shape go to google earth type in your address and click on street view.

/ Is there something wrong with me? #12  
I've had hunters pull up to the opening of my driveway, shoot at some animal, then rush away at high speed, while I yelled at them to stop immediately. In VT it is illegal to shoot at any animal from a vehicle, moving or not. I happened to be on the roof of my house at the time about 500' up my drive when it happened.
I also had a hunter appear from the woods behind my house, claiming he was lost. I asked if he had not seen any of the property line posted signs. He said he hadn't and asked how to get to somewhere, I had no idea of where he was referring to. I was nice as I could be under the circumstances - he had a gun, I didn't. I asked that he unload it while he spoke with me. I asked him to exit my property and never set foot on it again or I would press trespassing charges. My land is properly posted, and surrounded by hundreds of acres behind and along my three side, other than the road front I mentioned earlier.

I have a large pond in front of my house close to the road. There is a 70' long stockade fence to give some privacy from the road to the pond. One day, at the early part of fishing season some guy was down on my property side of the fence, FISHING my pond, which at the time was stocked with rainbow trout. I called to him, he beat a line to his car and booked. Another time my next door neighbor, a woman, was swimming in the pond, early in the morning. I went to say hello, and she said she had been swimming in it for years before I owned the property. I told her no problem, but was surprised she didn't at least ask permission. I also caught her husband, a few years later stealing creyfish from the pond to stock their pond with?! He seemed to think it was his right. My neighbor across the road got all bent out of shape because I put up the fence and his dad told me that people around here don't fence their ponds/property. He was from Mass. We moved here in 1986. The son, who now lives across the road part time, still asks me about if we can work out something about the fence. I told him it is in fact my property and I can't believe he still has a bug up his butt about a fence on my side of the road. He had offered to help pay for the cost of trees to block the road instead of the fence. I told him again it would cost thousands of dollars to do the tree thing, and I don't want them dying from road salt the town puts down.

I really can't believe how insane people are and how they think it's their right to tell me, not even ask me what to do with MY property.
My wife just added that she went to drive out of our driveway. which has a wide 50' apron to the road, and she could not get by a parked car that had 3-4 people sleeping in it. She asked what they were doing, they said they had gotten lost and figured they'd sleep there overnight. They asked if they could continue to stay there and she told them to scram.

/ Is there something wrong with me? #13  
An admirable fellow once said, "A stranger is a friend I haven't met yet".

To view other persons in any other way is only a denial of your own possibility.
It's no wonder the world is the way it is.

Heck, Invite them in and share a few good moments!

/ Is there something wrong with me? #14  
An admirable fellow once said, "A stranger is a friend I haven't met yet".

To view other persons in any other way is only a denial of your own possibility.
It's no wonder the world is the way it is.

Heck, Invite them in and share a few good moments!

These aren't simply strangers or people we haven't met yet. They are trespassers doing something outside of the norm. That gives me pause.

/ Is there something wrong with me? #15  
Pay it forward!

It's your life to enjoy

or not.

/ Is there something wrong with me? #16  
When I arrived home yesterday I was informed that three people had walked down our driveway and one started taking pictures of the other two standing in our driveway using our yard as a backdrop. We live 20 miles from town. Our driveway fronts on a state highway. The driveway wasn't posted yesterday. Am I wrong to think it rude of people to just come in, stand just short of the house & start snapping pictures? It was frosty & the trees were beautiful; but what happened to respect for personal property? Am I being overly isolationist, unfriendly, paranoid? Am I acting aristocratically to protect my privacy because I happen to own rural property? Just curious to see if others would find the situation offensive or feel that it's okay as long as the strangers didn't steal or break something and I don't get burgled in the next few days. Other than posting the new "NO TRESPASSING" signs I have no intention of doing anything else. It just bugs me.

The reason you are asking this question is because you feel, and we all know that you should not be reluctant to extend human kindness. Be we do, and it feels wrong.

There is a reason it feels wrong. It's contrary to society.
You have the power to change the way you feel. It's the only real power you have.
You have the ability to put up signs, but when did signs ever change anything?

/ Is there something wrong with me? #17  
Pay it forward!

It's your life to enjoy

or not.

Cal, we enjoy life just fine. But I am not going to invite an evil person that intends to do harm into the house to get to know them better. You are free to do so. There are plenty of people that would rather kill you than look at you.. If you don't believe that, I am fine with that, and wish you luck.

/ Is there something wrong with me? #18  
Cal, we enjoy life just fine. But I am not going to invite an evil person that intends to do harm into the house to get to know them better. You are free to do so. There are plenty of people that would rather kill you than look at you.. If you don't believe that, I am fine with that, and wish you luck.

Are you suspecting that three folks that wanted to get a photo of couple (likely married) with lots of snow (rather a special backdrop) are evil?

Seems unlikely to me. Were they carrying crow bars and burlap sacks to haul away the take?

/ Is there something wrong with me? #19  
Just curious to see if others would find the situation offensive or feel that it's okay as long as the strangers didn't steal or break something and I don't get burgled in the next few days.

It's definitely NOT okay for strangers to come onto your property without permission ... that's called trespassing and it's illegal. You should also be aware that if they get injured on your property (even while trespassing) you will likely be held liable. Suggest you study your state's trespassing laws to determine your rights and responsibilities.

/ Is there something wrong with me? #20  
My opinions have changed since my mother stocked a pond and had it seined a few years later. We know it happened because it was told to me by a roundabout way.

Second we have another small farm a few miles away that is bordered by a small river and a creek. One of our neighbors was sued after somebody wrecked a three wheeler in it. The neighbors didn't know the people were there.

Third reason is meth. I want nobody involved with it on any of our property. That or any other drug production.