Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    JCB 212 New Holland 1720-Mitsubishi dozer-Ford F450 Service truck-Chev dump truck

Default Cat Problem ???

I have a cat problem. No, I am not going to throw water on them, or smack them with a broom. We have 5 cats (outside) that just adore us and live to just be petted, but here is my problem and I am sure some one has discussed it before but I just missed it. We park our car inside the garage ( where all the cats have a house and bed) but we can just wash the car and 30 minutes later it has cat prints all over it. The cats like to sleep on it because the engine is warm and sometimes on top of it so they can see outside. Then when they slide down the windshield they leave streaks of mud. I bought one of those animal alarms that was supposed to scare away dogs and cats and placed it on the car. That was money thrown down a rat hole. I really don't want to throw a tarp over it ever time we come in. Any suggestions.

Tractor
    Bolens G192/TS1910 Ford/New Holland 1920

Default Re: Cat Problem ???

Stop washing the car.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. ― Thomas Jefferson

Domestic felines that are allowed outdoors are a crime against the natural, native ecosystem...

kill them all...!!!
    Slash Pine
    blunt and succinct but sincere...in the immortal words of Popeye..."I yam what I yam"

Tractor
    Kubota M6040

So that's where all my cats went. I had many but the coyotes & hawks have taken them all. I know how you feel - as you are standing there admiring a freshly washed vehicle - they are over stomping their feet in a mud puddle wait for you to leave. I have a jet black Jeep. Prints on the hood & top and slide marks down the windshield. I've even seen cat fights on the hood and the resulting mud & marks everywhere.

All thing considered, IMHO, outside cats are a plus. In my case they dramatically reduce/eliminate the mouse/chipmunk problems. I need to get a couple replacement outside cats.
    Ride hard or sit your butt on the porch

Tractor
    John Deere 3203, John Deere Gator CX, Land Pride 72" finishing mower, Land Pride 60" grader, 7.5' Western snow plow mounted to use with 300JD loader.

Our cat has all is claws but no reproductive equipment. He has his pick inside or outside, it is up to him. No cat box in our house so he goes to the door when he wants out. He spends most of the summer outside day and night and most of the winter inside unless he has business to take care of. And I to have a black truck that he seems he can't help but jump up on it for the heat from the engine or the view out the shed window. So far he has made it 9 years free of the coyotes & hawks. But you always wonder when his luck will run out.

Tractor
    JD, Massey, Kubota, Case

Make them wipe their feet when they come inside
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-2338781755-jpg  

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD 4020

get some goats, then the cats will not be a problem then, the cats may still get on the car, but you will not mind them any more,

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    jd 2320 48 cub mf2135

and BHD that's a FACT>>>>>
    goats will get on the hood and rip off the wipers the only good about goats is bbq goat.

ghb

fact...

I need to get a couple replacement outside cats.
    Or more functioning brain cells...!
    Slash Pine
    blunt and succinct but sincere...in the immortal words of Popeye..."I yam what I yam"

Tractor
    yanmar 186D....JD LT180....DR Brush Cutter

Tie a pit bull to your front bumper.......otherwise cats are going to continue to get on your car.
    If you say gullible really slowly........it sounds just like oranges.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast