Cat Problem ???

/ Cat Problem ??? #1  

John White

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030
I have a cat problem. No, I am not going to throw water on them, or smack them with a broom. We have 5 cats (outside) that just adore us and live to just be petted, but here is my problem and I am sure some one has discussed it before but I just missed it. We park our car inside the garage ( where all the cats have a house and bed) but we can just wash the car and 30 minutes later it has cat prints all over it. The cats like to sleep on it because the engine is warm and sometimes on top of it so they can see outside. Then when they slide down the windshield they leave streaks of mud. I bought one of those animal alarms that was supposed to scare away dogs and cats and placed it on the car. That was money thrown down a rat hole. I really don't want to throw a tarp over it ever time we come in. Any suggestions.

/ Cat Problem ??? #2  
Stop washing the car.

/ Cat Problem ??? #3  
So that's where all my cats went. I had many but the coyotes & hawks have taken them all. I know how you feel - as you are standing there admiring a freshly washed vehicle - they are over stomping their feet in a mud puddle wait for you to leave. I have a jet black Jeep. Prints on the hood & top and slide marks down the windshield. I've even seen cat fights on the hood and the resulting mud & marks everywhere.

All thing considered, IMHO, outside cats are a plus. In my case they dramatically reduce/eliminate the mouse/chipmunk problems. I need to get a couple replacement outside cats.

/ Cat Problem ??? #4  
Our cat has all is claws but no reproductive equipment. He has his pick inside or outside, it is up to him. No cat box in our house so he goes to the door when he wants out. He spends most of the summer outside day and night and most of the winter inside unless he has business to take care of. And I to have a black truck that he seems he can't help but jump up on it for the heat from the engine or the view out the shed window. So far he has made it 9 years free of the coyotes & hawks. But you always wonder when his luck will run out. :confused3:

/ Cat Problem ??? #5  
Make them wipe their feet when they come inside

Attachments

• image-2338781755.jpg
    image-2338781755.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 130
   / Cat Problem ??? #6  
get some goats, then the cats will not be a problem then, the cats may still get on the car, but you will not mind them any more,

/ Cat Problem ??? #7  
and BHD that's a FACT>>>>>
goats will get on the hood and rip off the wipers the only good about goats is bbq goat.

ghb

fact...

/ Cat Problem ??? #8  
Tie a pit bull to your front bumper.......otherwise cats are going to continue to get on your car.

/ Cat Problem ??? #9  
If you love your cats, put up with it.

/ Cat Problem ??? #10  
there are ways, just short of the goats.

my buddy got a new truck and the cats got a surprise when he built a frame and covered it with woven wire. it was hung about 3 inches over the hood ............and hooked to the electric fence.

but i also seriously doubt that the cats will jump on the wire if you hang it over the hood.