Building a Car Port

/ Building a Car Port #81  
What type of shingles are you using? The reason I ask is they have a nailing patter in their instructions on the back of the back side of the plastic wrap. It's always amazed me how many times I see guys nail on asphalt shingles incorrectly.

/ Building a Car Port
What type of shingles are you using? The reason I ask is they have a nailing patter in their instructions on the back of the back side of the plastic wrap. It's always amazed me how many times I see guys nail on asphalt shingles incorrectly.

Owens Corning architectural. I've downloaded the install info and watched the guys that did our house roof. It's different than three tab, but still ok for a DIY.

/ Building a Car Port
Roofing update. Finished this slope tonight and started rear slope. Really like how it's looking so far.

ImageUploadedByTractorByNet1471569079.503145.jpg
ImageUploadedByTractorByNet1471569091.025205.jpg

/ Building a Car Port #85  
Progress is good. Looks like it's already getting used too!!!

/ Building a Car Port
Progress is good. Looks like it's already getting used too!!!

Yeah, as soon as it provided shade my wife started parking under it. Unbelievable difference in vehicle temps when parked in the shade. So far, my only regret is not doing this years ago. :D

/ Building a Car Port
Finally got around to installing the diagonal braces. In addition to function they sure add an aesthetic appeal. Looking forward to getting them all up. ImageUploadedByTractorByNet1473887205.001392.jpg

/ Building a Car Port #88  
The bracing will make a big difference in adding stiffness to the structure. Especially when you get all of the posts done in both directions.

/ Building a Car Port
Frankly, I was very surprised at the wobbly feeling while shingling. Can't wait to get back on the roof after all the braces are in place. Like you said, the wobble is expected to be greatly reduced.