Saw a beaver in the pond today....

/ Saw a beaver in the pond today.... #1  

japody

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 4000 & 5000, New Holland TN65, Mahindrda 2516
Drove down to the back pond (about 10 acres) this afternoon and saw something BIG swimming across the far end. Pulled out the binoculars and saw that it was a beaver. Watched it for a while and it came close to where I was. I stood there waiting with my .22 when my wife (yes she was with me), says "oh, he's so cute". So I now have a beaver in my pond.

/ Saw a beaver in the pond today.... #2  
Nice trees and a beaver do not mix well.

/ Saw a beaver in the pond today.... #3  
Living on a 2 acre pond for 30 years I have learned to mix beavers and AR's...they will ruin trees fast. I have used .22s before and it didn't penetrate the hard skull. And AR-15 is way more fun and you can reach out there...they will destroy nice trees.
They are pretty smart too..had several and only took shooting one and they all packed their bags....lots of ponds all around us for them to set up camp.

/ Saw a beaver in the pond today.... #4  
Nice trees and a beaver do not mix well.

Yeah, no kidding.

image-369745192.jpg

/ Saw a beaver in the pond today.... #5  
Tell the wife you want to shoot it, make a lamp out of it & you can tap it's tail to turn light on/off, it'll be cute. Agree, it's gotta go, there will be more.

Ronnie

/ Saw a beaver in the pond today.... #6  
In very short order, beavers dammed up the creek about a mile up the holler behind my parents house about 6-7 years ago. It is amazing how quickly they can do alot of damage to sizable trees.

Whatever method is chosen, best to encourage them to go elsewhere (perhaps even another plain of existence, with a hole in their head) unless you are willing to accept the damage they do.

/ Saw a beaver in the pond today.... #7  
Yeah, there's an area back in the woods across the road from me where 15-20 large trees in an area are chewed through partially or completely. Was really amazing to see. Looked like it had been done at least 2-3 years ago. No recent activity. I saw the remnants of an old beaver dam. I assume the beaver(s) either moved on or got killed by a bobcat or coyote.

/ Saw a beaver in the pond today.... #8  
Shoot the female, the male will leave. The same for those sh*t factories, Canada Geese.

/ Saw a beaver in the pond today.... #10  
Too bad you don't live closer, I could loan you my live :beaver: trap.