Direct TV & Blue Man Group

/ Direct TV & Blue Man Group #1  

Richard

Elite Member
Tractor
International 1066 Full sized JCB Loader/Backhoe and a John Deere 430 to mow with
Just a heads up.

DTV has a free weekend preview on channel 103, usually a concert of some form or another.

This coming weekend, they are evidently going to show a "Blue Man Group" show.

For those that dont know them, they are the blue faced guys you use to see on tv doing Intel commercials.

I've seen their show in Vegas, and simply, words do not describe it. VERY unique & entertaining. Maybe very strange?? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

So for those who have DTV, tune in this weekend to 103 (24 hours a day) and see what they're all about.

Then try to describe them to someone else!

/ Direct TV & Blue Man Group #2  
Guess I'll have to tune in Friday night as they are coming Saturday morning to switch us over to Dish. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Direct TV & Blue Man Group #3  
Why are you switching to Dish Network? Just curious.

/ Direct TV & Blue Man Group #4  
Actually it is a couple of reasons. With DirecTV we don't actually go through DirecTV we go through a company called Pegasus and we end up paying more through them then we would've straight through DirecTV - has always earked me. We have a DTV box that is going bad and since I had to threaten to leave about 6 - 7 months ago to get the other one replaced I bet the won't want to replace this one without me paying a couple hundred bucks. Finally the last reason is the new receivers are "dual" receivers and can broadcast a second channel to another TV(s). This will allow us to still only have 2 receivers but have TV in the living room, our bedroom and/or kitchen, and each of the kids bedrooms. The best part is no equipment to buy and they do the upkeep in the even of a failure. It wasn't an option before, but it is now since Dish carries Columbus, OH channels. Another good thing about all of this we'll get a few more channels including some Encore & The Movie Channel and still pay about $10 less per month then we are with Pegasucks now. I know Encore and TMC don't have all of the latest/greatest movies but maybe they'll have some decent uncut/commercial free movies that we don't have to rent/buy on DVD. We don't have enough time to justify having HBO or the like so maybe this will be a good compromise.

Plus now I'll get the RFD channel. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Direct TV & Blue Man Group #5  
I have seen the Blue Men in Boston and Indianapolis. The Boston show was much better. They have there own theater there, as were just passing through Indy.

I don't think you will grasp all the effects on a tv, but, might be worth watching for free! It was kinda pricey.
About like watching top fuel drag racing on tv, you just can't explain the feeling of the ground moving as they go down the track on tv.

/ Direct TV & Blue Man Group
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( you just can't explain the feeling of the ground moving as they go down the track on tv. )</font>

Seen them in Vegas & Chicago, you are right about being there. As far as your ground movements... you just need to add more subwoofers & more watts /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Direct TV & Blue Man Group #7  
Keep in mind that the original guys on Blue Man Group now are semi-retired. There are 4 different Blue Man Groups comprising about 30 players that travel around the country, all trained and supported by the original founders. They occasionally have auditions for new members in various cities around the country. They were in Boston not long ago holding auditions.

Blue Man Group web site

You are right. Additionally (and I dont know this to be absolutely correct), I heard that although they made commercials for Intel products, they all used Macs!! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Direct TV & Blue Man Group #9  
1st impression(kinda) reminds one of Devo.
DEVO

**Bump**

Just thought I'd mention I saw the show tonight and it's much more like a traditional concert and nothing like their standard Vegas show (unless it's changed).

Very entertaining if you like a lot of banging going on!

At the end of show, they did some interviews and one of the guys said on some of the tracks of "music", they had something like 50 different tracks of percussioniests.

Probably would have been worth seeing in person even if you HAD seen their "regular" show before.