I have decided to rid myself of the dust

/ I have decided to rid myself of the dust #1  

Tomtint

Elite Member
Tractor
L3700SU
So I have decided paving my 1000 feet of driveway is going to happen this summer. I'm done with the dust and dirt. I have a very well compacted base, maybe need 1 more load of processed asphalt spread through out the length. I plan to do it in stages. First being a 2" binder course this year, then top it next year. .. What would you expect to spend on a 10ft X 1000 driveway base coat in your areas.

/ I have decided to rid myself of the dust #2  
Not so sure about Boston but many rural townships use "chip-coat" on their roads...hot tar followed by pea gravel and a roller. They do a lot of miles in a day and being the rural guys they don't usually have a lot of money to spend.

/ I have decided to rid myself of the dust #3  
I will Also pave this year Tomtint. My driveway is 250 feet or so, not 890 like my last house. I paved my former house 2 years ago in September and it was $16,000 on steep hill. I spoke with that paver last week and he said that gas prices being low helps, but he wouldn't give a square foot price. He is the best, IMO, so I will just have him do it.

I did get a price for pavers, $40,000. Ouch, ain't gonna happen.

/ I have decided to rid myself of the dust
I will Also pave this year Tomtint. My driveway is 250 feet or so, not 890 like my last house. I paved my former house 2 years ago in September and it was $16,000 on steep hill. I spoke with that paver last week and he said that gas prices being low helps, but he wouldn't give a square foot price. He is the best, IMO, so I will just have him do it.

I did get a price for pavers, $40,000. Ouch, ain't gonna happen.

16,000 for base coat and top ? Or just a binder ?

/ I have decided to rid myself of the dust #5  
$10k would buy enough concrete to do it if you could find some cheap labor to pour it.

/ I have decided to rid myself of the dust #6  
That much asphalt would be $11,000 here
Watching old episode of this old house, they installed chip seal drivewa.y in the Boston area

/ I have decided to rid myself of the dust #7  
Base and top, finished job.

/ I have decided to rid myself of the dust #8  
$10k would buy enough concrete to do it if you could find some cheap labor to pour it.
An area 10x1000 poured 4" thick will require a minimum of 123 yards of concrete. He likely wants a larger area at the end for parking. Around here 10k won't buy that much concrete.

/ I have decided to rid myself of the dust #9  
My neighbor bought a tar pot at an auction and is going to tar and feather his own drive way. He already has a small dump truck. He did not spend near that much on the whole setup. Ed

/ I have decided to rid myself of the dust
An area 10x1000 poured 4" thick will require a minimum of 123 yards of concrete. He likely wants a larger area at the end for parking. Around here 10k won't buy that much concrete.
I already have about 250 feet paved at the top of my driveway and a large paved section for parking and turning. The 1000 feet is just the strip if from the road.