Look what I picked up for 5 bucks.

/ Look what I picked up for 5 bucks. #1  

k0ua

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kioti DK35se Hydrostat
Picked up this old Simpson 260 at an Amateur Radio swap meet (Hamfest) a while back.. I had to clean it up, and put batteries and test leads on it. I have less than $10 bucks in it now I guess with those. It is from 1959, but all ranges seem to work. I thought it might come in handy, you can never have too many meters, and I was down to 1 analog meter. Sometimes a digital is better, sometimes and analog. Just depends on what you are doing. Digital's are best for accuracy but they suck trying to use them for tuning up things with a dynamic variable voltage.
Simpson 260.jpg.jpg

/ Look what I picked up for 5 bucks. #2  
Or a capacitive voltage... spent hours chasing one with a digital meter... :( live and learn...

/ Look what I picked up for 5 bucks. #3  
Got an old radio shack one.

/ Look what I picked up for 5 bucks. #4  
That brings back a lot of memories, mostly good ones. :D

It will display better if you click "Full Size".

"Large" only works for pictures up to 555 pixels wide.

Simpson 260.jpg.jpg

/ Look what I picked up for 5 bucks. #5  
I have a 260. It was my first meter. I still use it some as a bench meter. My fluke digital sees most of the action. You got a deal on that one.

/ Look what I picked up for 5 bucks. #6  
A classic VOM - great to see a well cared for example going to a good home.... :thumbsup:

Rgds, D.

/ Look what I picked up for 5 bucks. #7  
I have 2 of them...now they are in a drawer for backup..still very good meters

/ Look what I picked up for 5 bucks. #8  
have the Micronta version pretty sure Simpson actually built it though
Agree they are nice for watching a variable voltage in real time,
the only small negative for me is circuit loading IIRC mine has about a 60 k ohm input impedance compared to more than 10 meg ohms for the dvms.

Great score - for a great classic meter, the still have a place in the electronics testing and repair world.

/ Look what I picked up for 5 bucks. #9  
Great find,enjoy..

/ Look what I picked up for 5 bucks. #10  
Dayum, you got a deal there! I gave $60 for mine three years ago and thought I'd robbed the guy!