GARMIN Dash Cam 35

/ GARMIN Dash Cam 35 #1  

jlgurr

Veteran Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1705, John Deere STX46
Anyone using a Dash Cam? Curious about this one. I know Garmin is a well known name and thinking about buying one of these.

Amazon.com: Garmin Dash Cam 35: Cell Phones & Accessories

Otherwise, anyone who is using one, what kinds of features do you like or wish you had?

Thanks,
Jeff

/ GARMIN Dash Cam 35 #2  
I think I would want one that records sounds.... just in case, you record something the other driver admits to. I've just started looking... I don't think I need great quality, just something to record if something goes wrong since my work truck just turned 20 yo and has 240k miles.

/ GARMIN Dash Cam 35
I think I would want one that records sounds.... just in case, you record something the other driver admits to. I've just started looking... I don't think I need great quality, just something to record if something goes wrong since my work truck just turned 20 yo and has 240k miles.

Uhhhh, well I assumed it had audio too. My bad, good call on that so this model is off the list. :D

I bet most people expect audio. Wondering how many have been disappointed with this one being silent.

Sent from my iPhone 2.0 using TractorByNet

/ GARMIN Dash Cam 35 #4  
Problem is it's against the law in most states to record any conversation without consent.

I run dash cams without gps and set the sound record off.

/ GARMIN Dash Cam 35 #5  
Uhhhh, well I assumed it had audio too. My bad, good call on that so this model is off the list. :D

I bet most people expect audio. Wondering how many have been disappointed with this one being silent.

Sent from my iPhone 2.0 using TractorByNet

Not sure about all states, but here it's legal as long as one party consents (which would be you).

/ GARMIN Dash Cam 35 #6  
Problem is it's against the law in most states to record any conversation without consent.

I run dash cams without gps and set the sound record off.

LOL with cameras so prevalent today I think it would be wise to assume that if you're in public you're being both audio and video recorded. To assume otherwise would be silly if not foolish. Many LEOs are now required to wear cameras that record both audio and video. It's only fair to do likewise.

/ GARMIN Dash Cam 35 #7  
I use the Whistler D19VR dash cam. I have two. One facing out and one in. The angles are also a spec to study as well. 170 degree will get cars almost to the side of you including people on sidewalks and bicycles. That's usually what you want to see anyway in case someone runs into you or you in to them.

https://www.whistlergroup.com/media...d6e5fb8d27136e95/w/h/whistler-d19vr-front.png

https://www.whistlergroup.com/media...8d6e5fb8d27136e95/w/h/whistler-d19vr-back.png

They are only 2"square and have all the options.
Full HD video is necessary when you need a tag# or description. The video is great and there's an emergency button if something happens it will record the last minute and won't overwrite it.

Also will keep recording with ignition off for about ten minutes if you push the button. In case of a wreck etc.

I don't use gps either. Don't need speed overlay on the screen.

It does record sounds.

/ GARMIN Dash Cam 35 #8  
How does that one mount?

/ GARMIN Dash Cam 35 #9  
LOL with cameras so prevalent today I think it would be wise to assume that if you're in public you're being both audio and video recorded. To assume otherwise would be silly if not foolish. Many LEOs are now required to wear cameras that record both audio and video. It's only fair to do likewise.
Tell that to the lady in my town that recorded a conversation with a county commissioner in a public office. She was arrested. Fought it for a couple of years and finally copped a plea deal. I imagine the legal fees were hefty. I guess it was bitter sweet when the commsioner lost his seat.

/ GARMIN Dash Cam 35 #10  
I use one. Got video of being rearended at a red light.
Mine has gps, can play it back and it tracks where you went on google maps, along with speed. I keep audio off because of filesize.