LA is "stealing" water again!

/ LA is "stealing" water again! #1  

orezok

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
LA is at it again, taking water from other areas. A company called Cadiz bought 34,000 acres of Mojave desert land and is now proposing to "mine" the water and send it to the coast. A quote from the attached article states - "The company owns 34,000 acres in the desert along Route 66 in the Cadiz and Fenner valleys, about 75 miles northeast of Palm Springs. It has proposed to pump as much as 50,000 acre-feet of groundwater or 16.3 billion gallons each year for the next 50 years, and sell the water to districts in Southern California."

What most people don't know is that there are huge aquifers under the desert. I know that LA needs water and Cadiz owns the rights to their water, but when is it going to stop? Remember the movie Chinatown?

Plan to pump water from Mojave survives court challenges

/ LA is "stealing" water again! #2  
Yeah LA destroyed the Owens Valley which was once a very fertile and productive farming area. We need to stop feeding the weaklings in the cities and let them starve in order to thin them out a little. They add little and take more than their share.

/ LA is "stealing" water again! #3  
It'll be the same as out on the plains, Aquifer dropping down every year, wells being deepened. Seems they don't understand that those aquifers are not an unending source of water, they aren't recharging as fast as it is being used. I wonder what they have planned when the aquifer is dry.

/ LA is "stealing" water again! #4  
Yeah all that water to grow unneeded subsidized corn and all the other crap we don't need. One quick fix is to end all subsidies and that would slake their thirst quick enough. Why it could even spell the end of the ethanol debacle and they'd quit putting high fructose corn syrup into almost every bite of processed food we eat.

/ LA is "stealing" water again!
It'll be the same as out on the plains, Aquifer dropping down every year, wells being deepened. Seems they don't understand that those aquifers are not an unending source of water, they aren't recharging as fast as it is being used. I wonder what they have planned when the aquifer is dry.

I gotta tell you that the aquifers in the desert will probably take another 100 million years to refill. That area gets no more than 6" of rain in a good year!

/ LA is "stealing" water again! #6  
I love living near 25% of the world's fresh water supply. Gotta keep ammo stocked in though.....

/ LA is "stealing" water again! #7  
Yeah all that water to grow unneeded subsidized corn and all the other crap we don't need. One quick fix is to end all subsidies and that would slake their thirst quick enough. Why it could even spell the end of the ethanol debacle and they'd quit putting high fructose corn syrup into almost every bite of processed food we eat.

100% correct

/ LA is "stealing" water again! #9  
What a waste of resources........with the Pacific ocean in your backyard......those idiots should have been building desalination plants for the past 50 years. They'd have enough fresh water to have green grass and let the water hose run while washing their cars.