TruFuel vs Fuel Conditioner ?

/ TruFuel vs Fuel Conditioner ? #1  

NY_Yankees_Fan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 2200
I live in a place where ethanol free gas is not available , most gas has 10% ethanol. I was thinking of using this in my Stihl Kombi R130 , at $6 a quart it adds up fast. Folks give it great reviews, I see landscapers using it in their machines. TruSouth Trufuel 50:1 Pre Oil Mix-6525638 - The Home Depot I have been reading and some folks use this fuel conditioner to take care of the ethanol problem. 8 oz. Marine Formula Fuel Stabilizer-GDE-22239 - The Home Depot So what do you use if any to remove the ethanol problem for you toys/ machines?

/ TruFuel vs Fuel Conditioner ? #2  
I use 50-100 GL of off road gasoline/yr. I am having excellent results with STABIL 360 marine conditioner. Non-Alcohol gas here is 30 cents more than regular ethanol 10% so it was an economic decision. I had a Generac 17.5 KW gen-set that would not work but 20 hrs on E 10% with cruding up the carb no matter the any additive until the 360 Marine came out. Generac states their warranty is voided unless non Alcohol gas is used and all fuel is drained if not used within 30 days. 15 gallon tank makes that a non starter also.

In almost 2 years now my 3 chain saws, mowers, and misc other small engines have given 0 problems, like was previously routine before using the 360 marine.

If my use factor is incidental, like less than 5 Gl/yr I would be tempted to use the ready made stuff, but I treat 50 GL at a time in my bulk tank.

Ron

/ TruFuel vs Fuel Conditioner ? #3  
Where do you get off road gasoline?

/ TruFuel vs Fuel Conditioner ? #4  
Most marinas sell ethanol free. Also, you can ask your small engine repair/boat yard, they usually will know where to find it.

/ TruFuel vs Fuel Conditioner ? #5  
Most marinas sell ethanol free. Also, you can ask your small engine repair/boat yard, they usually will know where to find it.
Sadly in the dense urban jungle, like DC, most marinas (and airports) don't sell it.

I live in a place where ethanol free gas is not available , most gas has 10% ethanol. I was thinking of using this in my Stihl Kombi R130 , at $6 a quart it adds up fast. Folks give it great reviews, I see landscapers using it in their machines. TruSouth Trufuel 50:1 Pre Oil Mix-6525638 - The Home Depot I have been reading and some folks use this fuel conditioner to take care of the ethanol problem. 8 oz. Marine Formula Fuel Stabilizer-GDE-22239 - The Home Depot So what do you use if any to remove the ethanol problem for you toys/ machines?
I generally have filled 5 gallon containers on road trips.

Where do you get off road gasoline?
Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada
This is a starting point.

/ TruFuel vs Fuel Conditioner ? #6  
I've been using E fuel in my equipment for years, no problems, the key is use it & burn it, not part time use.
I do treat all equipment with Seafoam .
Ronnie

/ TruFuel vs Fuel Conditioner ? #7  
Here in Massachusetts non E-10 is very difficult to find, I've been using the trufuel with very good luck. It is pricey, but for my limited use I feel its worth the extra. Never any trouble starting seldom used equipment.

/ TruFuel vs Fuel Conditioner ? #8  
As long as I treat my fuel as soon as I buy it (buy your fuel at a station that does lots of business) with RED Stabil, I have not had any problems. I forgot once and left the fuel untreated in my riding lawnmower. It would not start or attempt to start next spring. Luckily draining the fuel and putting in fresh gas solved the problem without a carb overhaul.
I have faith that Stabil works. I treat the gas per directions, 1 oz per 2.5 gallons, and then give any stored equipment an extra double dosage prior to setting it up for the winter. They always start right up next spring.

For small engines like chainsaws and weedeaters, I just drain the tank and run the carb dry. I have a 16 year old pressure washer that I have don't that to since new and it never fails to start on 1st or 2nd pull.

I can get non ethanol gas at 2 stations in all grades OR buy the Shell super premium with no ethanol for around $2 per gallon more than regular. I did that for a couple of years then found that by treating my fuel with Stabil, it works just as good and I can get my fuel 2 miles from home rather than make a 25 mile round trip and pay more per gallon for it. Stabil is about $.20 per gallon to treat my ethanol gas if I recall the price correctly. I don't have to buy it often enough to remember the cost.

/ TruFuel vs Fuel Conditioner ? #9  
In the past, I have always mixed my own gas/oil mix for chainsaws and other 2 stroke machines. This year I bought a Dolmar 7910. and a still ms261cm. For convenience, I have been using truffle, purchased in gallon containers. I've run thru about 5 gallons. I may stick with it for a while at least. It is already mixed and I haven't had any issues with my saws.

/ TruFuel vs Fuel Conditioner ? #10