Seriously?

/ Seriously? #1  

jlgurr

Veteran Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1705, John Deere STX46
What has gone wrong with society when it's ok to change a messy (not just wet) diaper on the table where others eat at a restaurant in a theme park. Yes folks, it is true and so wrong. We witnessed this at a theme park today. Every now and then I start to "get over" some of my phobias of people then something like this happens. If I hadn't already ordered and received our food we would have left and told the manager why. This is disgusting. And to top it off she used hand sanitizer on her own hands after the task was completed. Obviously never gave a second thought to sanitizing the eating surface.

A secret part of me wanted to show the picture to the next family eating there but then realized that wouldn't prove anything, just make someone sick.

What is wrong with people these days, thinking of no one but themselves.

IMG_1099.JPG

/ Seriously? #2  
Mate, don't you know that she's "entitled" to do that?

It's a good thing you didn't 'confront' her, probably using 'trigger' words like "ignorant COW!" as she would've been forced to take a nap in her 'safe place'... with her 'therapy pet'.

(after she'd tweeted & facebooked about your insensitive words)

/ Seriously? #3  
Unacceptable behavior, most rest rooms are now equipped with changing tables. She should have been using it. I most especially do not want to smell a dirty diaper eat at a table where one has been changed at. If she was concerned about the cleanliness of the rest room changing table then use one of the sanitizing wipes on it prior to using it.

/ Seriously? #4  
Not to classy.It,s the hooray for me society I do what the h-ll I want anytime any place.

/ Seriously?
Unacceptable behavior, most rest rooms are now equipped with changing tables. She should have been using it. I most especially do not want to smell a dirty diaper eat at a table where one has been changed at. If she was concerned about the cleanliness of the rest room changing table then use one of the sanitizing wipes on it prior to using it.

The restroom with a diaper changing station in it was less than 50 feet away and they were very clean and in good order. We used them. This was a family oriented theme park and provided all the amenities required for young parents.

/ Seriously? #6  
What has gone wrong with society when it's ok to change a messy (not just wet) diaper on the table where others eat at a restaurant in a theme park. Yes folks, it is true and so wrong. We witnessed this at a theme park today. Every now and then I start to "get over" some of my phobias of people then something like this happens. If I hadn't already ordered and received our food we would have left and told the manager why. This is disgusting. And to top it off she used hand sanitizer on her own hands after the task was completed. Obviously never gave a second thought to sanitizing the eating surface.

A secret part of me wanted to show the picture to the next family eating there but then realized that wouldn't prove anything, just make someone sick.

What is wrong with people these days, thinking of no one but themselves.

View attachment 471517
Sadly I think it is folks like you (and I) who just watch and say nothing when we see something oh so wrong happening that is the root of this epidemic. Folks just don't want the hassle that it involves AND the real possibility of a violent encounter with the perpetrator that might include fists, knives or even guns that keep up at bay. Even if you are CCW and get attacked and forced to defend yourself, guess who is going to jail and have big legal bills to get out of jail.
Every one is happy to sue you for just looking at them in what they might consider a wrong way. I blame the legal system for much of our problems today, you cant even discipline your kids without fear of getting arrested and or your children taken from you.

I am glad to be in my mid 60s so I wont be around to see how this is going to turn out in 20 years for a child born today. I see the effects of Dr. Spockish upbringing of kids who are now in their 20-30's and how they have no respect for themselves or others and just cant imagine how their children will behave when they grow up.

/ Seriously? #7  
It's an ''all about me'' world and f everyone else. I was fishing last night and a family came in near me. I am fishing on a river in a city so you see all kinds there. These were over the top though. Screaming profanities, loud in overall talking, kids everywhere. I mean the f word was used at least 30 times in 30 minutes and many of times directed right at kids less 8 Years old. Let the little boy pee through the fence (bathrooms 100 feet away). They either don't care or are too stupid to know any better or a combo of both.

/ Seriously? #8  
OK - you touched a nerve for me. I was in a McDonalds last Saturday morning and there was a large teen ager sitting on a table texting. I'm sorry but that is not ok [and not sanitary]. The drones behind the counter could easily see him [and he wasn't eating anything] and should have mentioned it to him. I've seen park rangers tell people not to sit on picnic tables so why can't they enforce this at an eatery. End of civilization.

/ Seriously? #10  
You should have contacted the restaurant theme park manager or security immediately and let them confront the offender.