Kel-tec PMR 30 pistol in 22 mag. ??

/ Kel-tec PMR 30 pistol in 22 mag. ?? #1  

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
I am thinking about ordering a Kel-tec PMR 30 pistol in 22 mag.It will be more for plinking with the grandsons verses a carry weapon.Anyone own one?If so how do you like it?My local gun shop tells me about a 6 month wait to get one.

/ Kel-tec PMR 30 pistol in 22 mag. ?? #2  
My BIL has one. Feels great with my big hands... It's LOUD and has had a few failure to feed but he doesn't maintain his weapons the best. 22 mag harder to find than 22lr but 30 in clip is nice.

I would buy one

/ Kel-tec PMR 30 pistol in 22 mag. ?? #3  
I am thinking about ordering a Kel-tec PMR 30 pistol in 22 mag.It will be more for plinking with the grandsons verses a carry weapon.Anyone own one?If so how do you like it?My local gun shop tells me about a 6 month wait to get one.

I was looking at them last year, not to purchase, but just for the interest... there seems to be lots of reports of jams.

Here's a couple good video demos of it...

Kel-Tec PMR-3 - YouTube

Kel-Tec PMR - 3 Comparison - YouTube

/ Kel-tec PMR 30 pistol in 22 mag. ??
   / Kel-tec PMR 30 pistol in 22 mag. ?? #5  
I fired one just a few weeks ago. Two of us ran about a box of ammo thru it and I got the lions share. No failures of any kind, It was interesting to shoot. Fairly loud, and at least as expensive to shoot as a 9mm. The first think you notice is it is light as a feather. I think it may be just about the lightest pistol I have ever fired. No real recoil though. The next thing you notice is the large grip frame. No problem for me at all but a person with small hands might have some trouble. Overall it was fun to shoot, and man it really holds a bunch of ammo, but I have never liked the 22 magnum much, as I have always thought the price to performance ratio poor. But if it suits you by all means go for it. I have fired pistols with less reliability, and were less fun to shoot.

Last edited:
   / Kel-tec PMR 30 pistol in 22 mag. ?? #6  
22 magnum are loud! And its a sharp crack that hurts, too.

This is kind of interesting. Compare its sound level to some other rounds and some other noise makers.

How loud is your gun

/ Kel-tec PMR 30 pistol in 22 mag. ?? #7  
I have a PMR30. As others have said, it is LOUD. But it is a hoot to shoot, very light and accurate. The only downside for me is the cost and problem finding ammo for it; altho ammo is getting easier to find and less costly lately. I have not had any feed problems with it but I have bought only round nose ammo for it. I suspect hollow points may have a problem feeding. A 22 LR would be more economical to shoot.
I checked Gunbroker recently and there were several for sale and they are now a little cheaper than when I bought mine. I think the MSRP is $425 and most were asking more than that. I just saw a story about the most popular guns and, according to Gunbroker, the PMR was the most popular pistol sold during September(?) last year.

/ Kel-tec PMR 30 pistol in 22 mag. ?? #8  
I've had one for a year and a half and love it...have not shot it as much as I would like to because of .22WMR prices/availability...

Have been seeing the CMR 30 (carbine version) at a few gun shows...(use the same mags as the PMR)...seen them between $600-$700...

I suggest reading up on loading the mags...(you need to "tap" them)...

One other thing...my b.i.l. got one the same time I did and he bought 1k rnds. of the Mexican .22WMR (the exact popular name brand mentioned in the warning on ammo that comes with a PMR...he has only had one or two that failed to feed...

/ Kel-tec PMR 30 pistol in 22 mag. ?? #9  
22 magnum are loud! And its a sharp crack that hurts, too.

This is kind of interesting. Compare its sound level to some other rounds and some other noise makers.

How loud is your gun
Interesting comparison. Thanks for posting Moss. I knew my S&W 686P was loud... but not that loud. Was wondering why folks take a look over at the range when I pull that one out. Thought it was just the good looks (of the gun that is). :D

/ Kel-tec PMR 30 pistol in 22 mag. ??
Great info thanks.I am a 22 mag.fan been collecting a few 22 mag. rifles & pistols threw the years.I do have plenty of 22 mag ammo on hand so that should not be a issue.Guess I will order the Kel-tec tomorrow.Thanks again..