Help with ID of tree

/ Help with ID of tree #11  
White oak.

Do you need runners for anything? Wagon frame? White oak is pretty hard and strong, also naturally rot resistant. Not as good as a red cedar but works good for buildings on skids or livestock feeders or hunting blinds. As they will with stand being drug over the ground better than cedar. (Cedar is a soft wood).

Thinking they maybe worth more to you than a mill would pay. Maybe not.

/ Help with ID of tree #12  
This tree ID method always works for me.

Measure like the red arrow shows. If not circular, measure the long way and the short way and average the measurements.

:)

Bruce

treeID.jpg

/ Help with ID of tree #13  
Definitely an oak, but all I can tell you for sure is not red oak. Bark doesn't really look like white oak, but it is covered in lichens and stuff, so I cannot tell. There are a few other oak species that have rounded leaves like burr oak. I don't know what is native or common to your area. And I am surely no expert...

What is killing them might be oak blight. Has been an issue up here.

/ Help with ID of tree #14  
The leaves look like the oak I have in my yard. The oak that DOES NOT like growing in this climate.

/ Help with ID of tree #15  
Cut to 8'6" the local mill would pay about $200 if your logs are clean. The range would be between $150 and $240 depending on the buyer and condition. Those logs should weigh about 2500 lbs and yield about 300 board feet total.

/ Help with ID of tree #16  
Based on the bristle tips of the leaves on the right side of the photo, the color of the wood in the sawed off branch, and the lichen covered bark, it looks like a northern red oak.

/ Help with ID of tree
Thank you gentleman, that helps a lot. I really don't need the wood so if I find someone that wants it that would be great and if not no big deal. Would like it to get used for something useful.

We also burn a little but I have about 3 cords cut and split/stacked and only use about ½ cord a year so no big demand right now for more....

Thank you all again!

/ Help with ID of tree #18  
The leaf photo has both White Oak on left (rounded lobs) and Red Oak on right (pointy lobs). Easy way to remember, "white" man used bullets that are round tips, "red" man (Indians) use arrows that are pointy tips. (wonder if this is no longer politically correct and my post will be removed :D)

/ Help with ID of tree
LOL! thanks Teg

/ Help with ID of tree #20  
I think white oak smells like dog poop. Other oaks may smell that way too though.