Model 1911 pistols ??

/ Model 1911 pistols ?? #1  

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
I want to purchase another Model 1911 pistol(9mm) not for a carry gun but just to target shoot.Been looking at the springfield range officer model in stainless steel.Anyone own/shot this model?If so how do you like it? I currently own a 1911 model Kimber custom shop in 45 cal. but since I am getting a little older I want less recoil.

/ Model 1911 pistols ??
Don't buy that one till you have tried this one.
Product: SW1911 Pro Series

Regret sucks
I am a big S&W pistol fan/owner they make nice pistols but that one is a more $$ verses what I want to spend.My local gunshop quoted me $750 plus tax for the springfield. Thanks..

/ Model 1911 pistols ?? #5  
I have the .45 range officer in black. Like it a lot, wanted classic look. Trigger is nice and crisp break.

/ Model 1911 pistols ?? #6  
No regrets given the price :)

Don't really like the rear sight (same as that S&W) it shoots nice and accurate, just don't like the sharp edges. Will probably swap for a Novak down the road.

/ Model 1911 pistols ?? #7  
I don't have the Range Officer. My 9mm 1911 is a Colt. But I do have a Springfield Armory "blackened stainless" in .45. (and I also have 4 SA XD pistols) Love it. It eats everything I feed it, too. I think that SA is a good value.

Oh, and since you don't like the recoil of the .45, I'll take it off your hands so it can't hurt you any more. Just PM me for my address. :D

/ Model 1911 pistols ?? #8  
I Hear ed brown / wilson combat make a pretty nice 1911
May also want to check out some of the dan wesson cz's. They make a more affordable very nice 1911 also

I have a kimber goldmatch stainless series 2 in 45. Have you ever thought about handloading target loads in 45? I normally shoot 185 grain semi wad cuters versus standard 230 grain ball ammo. With light reloads you need Drop the recoll spring down to 12-13 lbs suddenly my 1911 45 has less recoil than my springfield xdm 5.25" chambered in 9mm.

On another note if you want something nice that resembles a 1911 The sig master shop p226 models are 9mm offered with a 6" barell double stack 9mm 19 round mags
P226 X-SIX

/ Model 1911 pistols ?? #9  
I second the handloading light recoil loads. I don't like 9mm sharp recoil. Never have minded .45 push recoil.

/ Model 1911 pistols ?? #10  
I second the handloading light recoil loads. I don't like 9mm sharp recoil. Never have minded .45 push recoil.
Well said. 9mm definetly has a sharp crack to it with felt recoil although much less than a .40 or 10mm
For the OP a 9mm belive it or not the 9mm uses as much or more powder as a 45 when loading to simalar velocities as store bought ammo. ~5 grains of powder 9mm is a compresessed load in every powder ive used. The powder goes almost all the way to neck of the case. Its pretty much impossible to double charge a 9mm you cant fit it in the case. 45 however could easily be double charged. Which would cause problems

Loading data
Caliber Starting load Max. Bullet weight

9mm 4.7 grains 5.1 115 grain

45. 4.2 not a typo 5.3. 230

9mm ~ 1100 ft/sec. 45 800ft sec

I have target loads in 45 that chronograph at 600 -630 ft / second. They will not cycle on a stock recoil spring