Need computer advice

/ Need computer advice #1  

tallyho8

Elite Member
Who Dat Nation west of Westwego east of Ama south
Tractor
Kubota L4400, Kubota ZD326
I usually get better and faster computer advice from TBN members than I do on computer forums so maybe you can help me with this problem.

I am trying to view the newest Google map of my property since I made some changes. If I view Google maps on Firefox, Internet Explorer or Edge I get a map about 3 years old. When my neighbor views it on his computer he gets a map a few months old that shows the recent changes. When he emails me the url and I click on it I get the old map instead of the new one.

I deleted my history to clear my cache and I removed all the Google cookies that I could find on my computer and tried again and I still get the old map. I am now going to restart my computer and see what happens. Any advice?

/ Need computer advice #2  
what is his computer? a tablet / phone/ other mobile device vs a conventional computer? Some platforms automatically identify a 'mobile' device and use different video settings.. different website.. etc.

Is it possible he is running another browser.. like 'chrome' etc?

/ Need computer advice #3  
Is he viewing in Google Earth?

/ Need computer advice #5  
Next time you fire up google earth and try to look at the image, look on the top at the left for a ' clock ' symbol. Click on this to open up the ' year scale ', then click to the right to see if there is a newer image available to you. You can also use this to go back in time to look at past images. [ worth a try ]

/ Need computer advice #6  
   / Need computer advice #7  
Perhaps installing the application directly on your PC vs using the browser version in Firefox etc, may employ newer maps and explain the difference.

/ Need computer advice
I was using Firefox and Internet explorer going to Google Maps not Google Earth on a 3 month old desktop using Windows 10. My neighbor has a 4 year old computer using Windows XP and with Firefox or Chrome he gets the newer map that I don't get just by going to Google Maps.

Now I just downloaded Google Earth and I can get the new map with Google Earth but still wonder why I can't get the new map just going to Google Maps.

/ Need computer advice #9  
You need to do more than delete history to clear the cache.