Jena Finally Killed a Mole!

/ Jena Finally Killed a Mole! #1  

NoTrespassing

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1999 L3710 HST FWA
My lovely wife Jena has been trying to kill a mole that's been digging up her flower garden for quite some time and today she finally got it. I bought that new potato fork specifically for the task. My Grandmother used to kill moles that way years ago and the method still works. We also have a mole or two in the garden that she's after. We've tried poison and we have six traps set but sticking them with a fork seems to be the most satisfying way to kill them!

Kevin

Attachments

• IMG_1371.JPG
    IMG_1371.JPG
    211 KB · Views: 367
   / Jena Finally Killed a Mole! #2  
Three cheers for Jena.......................Hip Hip Hooray.

/ Jena Finally Killed a Mole! #3  
:thumbsup: Roger that!

/ Jena Finally Killed a Mole! #4  
Nothing succeeds like success! Pray tell, what is her secret? I have never been aware of a mole when it was working; how did she know where it was? I have seen gophers kicking dirt out of their holes, but never spotted a mole.

/ Jena Finally Killed a Mole! #5  
All you have to do is what the ends of the tunnels and you can see the dirt moving. I got one this past Friday, but i used a Ruger 1022 auto rifle.

/ Jena Finally Killed a Mole! #6  
I've never seen them working; i.e., never seen any dirt movement. But I've tried traps unsuccessfully many times. The moles used to work our backyard and this year the front yard. My wife suggested calling a professional exterminator. I'd do it if I really thought they'd rid us of the moles.

/ Jena Finally Killed a Mole!
Patience and persistence seems to be the key in hunting the elusive mole. Jena is a stay at home mom and has put much time and effort into her flower gardens and vegetable garden. When the moles started killing plants she was very upset with them and set her mind to killing the "@%*$*@#%^'s"

Maybe being a Waray Warrior from Samar Philippines helped too. Killing things with sharp objects runs through her blood. LOL

From WIKI;

"The Waray-Waray are often stereotyped as brave warriors, as popularized in the phrase, "basta ang Waray, hindi uurong sa away" (Waray never back down from a fight.) "

Kevin

/ Jena Finally Killed a Mole! #8  
Looks to me like you had better stay on Jena's good side. :)

/ Jena Finally Killed a Mole! #9  
I wasted a lot of time staring at mole tunnels years ago when they were invading our yard. I felt like the Bill Murray character from Caddy Shack. I got quite a few. What worked for me was to work a shovel under the tunnel where I had seen the dirt moving as they tunneled, and then flip the shovelful of dirt (with mole) up into a bucket as soon as I saw movement. I'd take them down the street to a field and let them go. Prior to that I'd flush them out with the hose, which was effective but made a mess of the yard.

/ Jena Finally Killed a Mole! #10  
Cats and some Dogs can make quick work of a Mole.