Mounting mirror on tractor ??

/ Mounting mirror on tractor ?? #1  

crash325

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TC-45
Want to mount a mirror on tractor, It needs to be spring mounted as some of the places I go it would get broken off,
Maybe mounted on FEL bracket, just drill some holes in it???

Suggestions please
Thank you.

/ Mounting mirror on tractor ?? #2  
Or use a magnet mounted mirror. Lots of options there. That loader steel could be tough to drill without a drill press.

/ Mounting mirror on tractor ?? #4  
I mounted two 5"concave mirrors on my FEL masts. No springs but are on a swivel. There was a hole near the top of mine but it should be easy enough to drill through.

/ Mounting mirror on tractor ?? #5  
CB2000-1.jpg

No drilling needed - use adhesive mounted studs. Mentioned here on TBN = Click Bond, similar available elsewhere (weld mount and others).

Best results if paint sanded down first so it is adhering to the metal.

Prior threads:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/315298-click-bond-mirror-mounts.html
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/301748-adding-rear-view-mirrors-using.html

Last edited:
   / Mounting mirror on tractor ?? #6  
My dad used Dirt bike mirrors , they have a ball on the end so they can swing and rotate without breaking the arm .

/ Mounting mirror on tractor ?? #7  
I mounted two 5"concave mirrors on my FEL masts. No springs but are on a swivel. There was a hole near the top of mine but it should be easy enough to drill through.

That's what I eventually did; a single mirror. I'd been pondering how to accomplish having one and off of the FEL mast was the best choice as the ROPS is set too far back.

I purchased, from my local auto-parts store, a large "van" sideview mirror with a 3-screw mounting bracket.On my 300CX, there are two holes already at the top. I made a paper template that would fit inside & marked the hole diameters + high enough to incorporate the mirror mounting bracket... holes marked there also. I then took the template to a local welding/fabrication shop and asked to have it made up using some off-cut steel he might have around = A$30 and a perfect fit! Including the holes.

I picked up the appropriate sized bolts, nuts, washers and lock-washers from the hardware store (after I ensured that the holes lined up). The piece of steel received a primer coat & then a JD Green coat of paint.

A perfect fit and it looks like the tractor came with it. :thumbsup:

I'll get some pictures of it and post. You'll notice that I mounted it on the right hand side. That's for when I drive on a public road as we drive on the left.

/ Mounting mirror on tractor ??
Thanks guys, appreciate your input.

/ Mounting mirror on tractor ?? #9  
OK, I got off my arse and grabbed some photos of my mirror mount.

I added a piece of cut-up floor mat as a rubber gasket between the plate and the FEL in order to dissipate vibration. It works a treat and the reflection is flawless.

Yes, there's a small JD decal on the back-side of the mirror... I had a 'left over' one that I'd been saving for a future project and this fit the bill. :)

Attachments

• mirror 1 (1).JPG
    mirror 1 (1).JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 1,151
  • mirror 1 (2).JPG
    mirror 1 (2).JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 359
  • mirror 1 (3).JPG
    mirror 1 (3).JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 410
   / Mounting mirror on tractor ?? #10  
I stuck some adhesive backed 3" convex blind spot mirrors on the top of my loader masts. Not the greatest position for best view, but better than nothing and quite protected.