Any Thoughts on This and Implications? Other States Could Follow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Any Thoughts on This and Implications? Other States Could Follow? #231  
That was true until 1977. Why did GHW Bush quit?
Because he's a rino. Not a republican. The rino's didn't stay away from the republican convention, they weren't invited. HS

/ Any Thoughts on This and Implications? Other States Could Follow? #232  
Is his family still alive? How many murders or home invasions in his community in the past ten years?

I'm sure when you head south to the farm Friday night you're hoping you don't run out of gas in Brockton, Fall River or New Bedford.

You gonna aim your tire iron at them?

/ Any Thoughts on This and Implications? Other States Could Follow? #233  
I'm sure when you head south to the farm Friday night you're hoping you don't run out of gas in Brockton, Fall River or New Bedford. You gonna aim your tire iron at them?
My Harbor Freight is in Fall River. Stop there all the time. New Bedford has great chandlers and a great whaling museum. Brockton I have no reason to stop at but I shop at their Costco in nearby Avon all the time. No trouble ever.

/ Any Thoughts on This and Implications? Other States Could Follow? #234  
My Harbor Freight is in Fall River. Stop there all the time. New Bedford has great chandlers and a great whaling museum. Brockton I have no reason to stop at but I shop at their Costco in nearby Avon all the time. No trouble ever.

I've been in all three cities as well but we both know there are neighborhoods in each city that we all would stay away from.

/ Any Thoughts on This and Implications? Other States Could Follow? #235  
Your not looking hard enough... :laughing:

/ Any Thoughts on This and Implications? Other States Could Follow? #236  
Is his family still alive? How many murders or home invasions in his community in the past ten years?

I have some guns, have had some of them in my possession over 40 years now.

Not ONCE in my life have I ever unholstered my weapon for self defense as a civilian (and I will still carry due to the fact that I'd rather not need it and have it rather than needing it and not having it).

Not ONE singe gun of mine has ever been stolen.

Not ONCE has a gun of mine ever been used in a crime.

I would haphazard a guess that within 5 square miles of my house there would be at least a couple hundred of rifles and handguns (each).

Last 10 years, 1 murder and most break ins due to meth heads doing stupid *hit for their drug of choice.

Statistics go both ways.

The issue is we have stupid people in this world. Put more people together (cities) and rates go up because you have more supid people. The question becomes should my rights be infringed upon due to the stupidity of others?

What would gun violence be like statistic wise if we took every major city in the US out of the equation as well as taking out suicides?

/ Any Thoughts on This and Implications? Other States Could Follow? #237  
I have some guns, have had some of them in my possession over 40 years now. Not ONCE in my life have I ever unholstered my weapon for self defense as a civilian (and I will still carry due to the fact that I'd rather not need it and have it rather than needing it and not having it). Not ONE singe gun of mine has ever been stolen. Not ONCE has a gun of mine ever been used in a crime. I would haphazard a guess that within 5 square miles of my house there would be at least a couple hundred of rifles and handguns (each). Last 10 years, 1 murder and most break ins due to meth heads doing stupid *hit for their drug of choice. Statistics go both ways. The issue is we have stupid people in this world. Put more people together (cities) and rates go up because you have more supid people. The question becomes should my rights be infringed upon due to the stupidity of others? What would gun violence be like statistic wise if we took every major city in the US out of the equation as well as taking out suicides?
All good points. Gun violence is clustered and is concentrated in cities. I fail to see how more guns will ameliorate that situation. Additionally, the TBN demographic (mostly non youthful white middle class white men living in rural or semi rural communities) is actually the lowest risk group for murder in the USA. Our wives and girlfriends are at somewhat higher risk but only because their own men kill them, often with a gun that was supposed to "protect". Same with kids. Thanks to NRA ban on most CDC firearms research we don't have good data on how many kids lives might be saved by having guns in house but we do know that hundreds are accidentally killed when they find and play with parents guns.

Suicide is a big factor in total gun deaths. You cannot simply exclude it by saying they would just find another method. Guns are fast and more lethal so availability does increase suicide rate. IIRC total suicides dropped in Australia after their 1996 gun buyback.

/ Any Thoughts on This and Implications? Other States Could Follow? #239  
   / Any Thoughts on This and Implications? Other States Could Follow? #240  
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and get the same results expecting something different. That is how this discussion is going. Some people here do not need nor want guns so in their mind neither do you. Pure ignorance or selfishness. Your guess is as good as mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.