Cougar

/ Cougar #1  

TheMan419

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer 24
Sadly I mean the animal and not the sex crazed older lady.

Live in North Central Indiana. We just cut the weeds down in the field. When I was mowing the actual lawn last night I think I saw a Cougar come out of the woods into the field and check things out. Then she went back in the woods.

We have been living in the property for about a year. My wife has always exclaimed how she does not see much in the way of raccoons, squirrels and the like around.

The Indiana DNR denies that Cougars live in Indiana....

What else would be that big and color? UFO's maybe?

/ Cougar #4  
Well, I tell ya what....catch a cat like that down here in Cajun Country and we'd make a "Cat Courtbullion" (pronounced ...coo-be-yaw). It takes fresh tomatoes, tomato sauce and garlic, onion, celery and bell pepper... continue to sauté until it is cooked into the mixture. Add cat stock, one ladle at a time, until all is incorporated. Thennnnnnn, add your fresh Cougar....sme lemon juice, bay leaves, thyme. Bring to a rolling boil, then reduce to simmer.

/ Cougar #5  
They had to own up when someone caught one on his deer cam. The Dnr lie about every animal in Wi.they really don't know how many deer we have here just like the wolf packs just a guess like throwing a dart on a wall and what ever # is hit that's the number they go with.

/ Cougar #6  
Well, I tell ya what....catch a cat like that down here in Cajun Country and we'd make a "Cat Courtbullion" (pronounced ...coo-be-yaw). It takes fresh tomatoes, tomato sauce and garlic, onion, celery and bell pepper... continue to sauté until it is cooked into the mixture. Add cat stock, one ladle at a time, until all is incorporated. Thennnnnnn, add your fresh Cougar....sme lemon juice, bay leaves, thyme. Bring to a rolling boil, then reduce to simmer.

Does it taste like chicken😀

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Cougar #7  
I captured on trail cam a cougar, lake county michigan last summer. Sent it to the DNR cougar team and they said it was a bobcat, because no tail was visible in the photo. I have had several people who know, look at it and all agree it is a cougar. Also last deer season, one of my hunting buddies found scat, the size and shape indicate cougar, not bobcat. There have been many reports of cougar sightings in and around the area I am talking about. DNR does not want to admit that cougars are in the lower peninsula. If they did, they would have to set up a new dept. for cougar management. They don't want to spend the money on that. I will post the picture as soon as I can locate it, and let the forum decide.

/ Cougar #9  
cougar.jpg

Here is the photo I was talking about.
The fern at the back of the cat to the fern at the front was a little over 3 feet apart. The ferns were 3 feet tall.

/ Cougar #10  
we have them down here in KS.Line crew was telling me about them the other day.I saw one a few yrs back on my way to work.my nephew saw a road kill on I-70 just west of Manhattan a few yrs back...russ