TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #2,471  
OF COURSE!....
How to best transport guns is a "political issue".
Silly me: I thought it was directly related to gun ownership.
Even at my age, I learn something new every day!

While I understand your reply, the posts related to the transport thru less-than- friendly-to-firearms states gets quite political very fast. It would be a shame to have this fine thread closed due to the posts that followed... be wise, and more in line with our fine, friendly forum, to start another specific thread to continue that line of discussion, and not risking closure of this thread, one of more general firearms day-to-day activity discussion... no harm yet, no foul... just my thoughts.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #2,472  
I'm wanting to get some trigger time with the newly-assembled 10/22 with 1:9" twist barrel, Hogue stock, and 'worked' trigger assy complements of case prep guru Terry Oneal in Fort Payne. (yes, he knows founding band members from their school days)

Also, is the 'varminter' 24" Stag 6, and 18" .25-45 SRC upper that seems best atop my other lower, a Camo DPMS/R15 w/30 RAR upper. btw, I have 3 or 4 10 rd and at least of five rd, AR mags for either the .25 SRC & .223 Stag and 4rd for the .30 cal. (still no 5 d for the NO IV Mk1 .. :() (I have bolt guns I've never fired too, Wby Mk V, CZ 550, Mod 70 ... but I have trains & tractors too ..:rolleyes:)

So how about more "Todays Trigger Time" now that it's warming up? DE, thanks for the timely redirect. :)

Attachments

• i-rGzqnpv-M.jpg
    i-rGzqnpv-M.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 72
  • i-33dNNbk-M.jpg
    i-33dNNbk-M.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 60
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #2,473  
I'm wanting to get some trigger time with the newly-assembled 10/22 with 1:9" twist barrel, Hogue stock, and 'worked' trigger assy complements of case prep guru Terry Oneal in Fort Payne. (yes, he knows founding band members from their school days)

Also, is the 'varminter' 24" Stag 6, and 18" .25-45 SRC upper that seems best atop my other lower, a Camo DPMS/R15 w/30 RAR upper. btw, I have 3 or 4 10 rd and at least of five rd, AR mags for either the .25 SRC & .223 Stag and 4rd for the .30 cal. (still no 5 d for the NO IV Mk1 .. :() (I have bolt guns I've never fired too, Wby Mk V, CZ 550, Mod 70 ... but I have trains & tractors too ..:rolleyes:)

So how about more "Todays Trigger Time" now that it's warming up? DE, thanks for the timely redirect. :)
Not warming up here! I had -7°F when I left the house this morning. Doesn't make me jaunty to head out to the bench just yet!!!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #2,474  
Not warming up here! I had -7°F when I left the house this morning. Doesn't make me jaunty to head out to the bench just yet!!!

I was just getting on my boy this morning because he didn't want to wear a coat out at the bus stop. He told me it was 53 outside (I confirmed), so I let him slide.

Don't take this the wrong way, but one other thing I don't miss up there:D

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #2,475  
Still experiencing a long winter in the northeast and eager to continue working on my 270 load development

Love the 270! Good shooting.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #2,476  
My new-to-me Schmidt-Rubin model 1889. Built in 1891, and all numbers matching. I took a few hours this morning to tear it down and give it a thorough cleaning. It's amazing how much crud can build up in these things over the years. Under it all was an amazing piece of wood, steel, and fine Swiss engineering. Makes a good compliment to my 1901 1896/11 and 1949 Karabiner Model 31. View attachment 543553View attachment 543554View attachment 543555View attachment 543556View attachment 543558

Good score! I've been wanting one of those. Very accurate.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #2,477  
I would never be without my Maglula. I thought it was a gimmicky item when I was first told of it, but now I am a believer.

It's 'righteous' equipment everyone should have.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #2,478  
Yes, if you're purchasing it, unless it is an antique built before 1899,it must go through an FFL. I think certain states also add their own spin to this as well so YMMV. Coincidentally enough, I had an 1891 built Swiss Model 1889 delivered to the doorstep right here in the great State of New Yorkistan recently because of it's age. In one of the more restrictive places in the union. Odd how it all works...

Of course the CMP delivers stuff right to your door. Nice having FedEx deliver a M1 to your door.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #2,479  
I was just getting on my boy this morning because he didn't want to wear a coat out at the bus stop. He told me it was 53 outside (I confirmed), so I let him slide.

Don't take this the wrong way, but one other thing I don't miss up there:D
I'd rather take the cold than the heat, but I hear ya!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #2,480  
I'd rather take the cold than the heat, but I hear ya!

In the spirt of todays gun time, bear with the long non gun related info, along with getting to the point at the bottom:D

3 months of hot heat (generally over 90) and humidity (can be over 80 RH in the evenings) in June, July and August in my neck of NC.

I made the mistake of buying my car when I was in Watertown before moving to NC, as I had always thought AC in cars were for ******* (that car could drive from the Watertown to Old Forge to Keene blindfolded LOL). I moved down to NC in June, and by the second week of driving a blast furnace with my windows open, I ran up to Pa (to a buddy down from my parents) to buy another VW WITH AC LOL

Wasn't unitl about my 3rd year in NC that I bought my first home ever. After being in NC, I've found during the summer months of working outside you get up early, work until 1100, and then if you want to keep going, go back out after dinner until 2100.

We get about a good dumping of snow once a year in my area that keeps the kids somewhat happy for sledding and snowball fights, that can last anywhere between a couple of days or a couple of weeks.

B.png

That said, sooner or later, needing to get a shoulder replaced, I don't miss dealing with snow at all.

No mud season or no black flies to deal with in spring as well.

My office is about an hour east of me in Greensboro. If I want to ski I can drive 2 hours to WV or 90 minutes to Boone up towards the Tenn state line (not as good as WV IMO and no where as good as Vermont of course).

If you want it to stay colder with more snow in NC, move west of me towards Asheville. Want it drier and hotter? Move east of me toward Raleigh (note, it's right about down Interstate 77 where you start getting the "mountains" west of I-77 and it gets FLAT east of Raleigh).

After working in South Carolina for more than a couple of months during my years in NC, I'm more than happy with NC as if you want even hotter, move to SC LOL

I'm a rich man in many ways, money isn't one of them. That said, I do work hard and try to be smart, as well as my wife, and we did save (getting married late in life helped as well financially IMO). I did have one friend from Jersey (who spent at lot of time with me in NY) stay down at our place in NC. He couldn't believe the house we had bought because he thought it cost a million dollars less the land LMFAO (WAY WAY less than half that amount). Best part of the home and 40 acres is I guarantee you would fall over dead if I told you what we paid in taxes (both our parents individually paid more than 4 times what we do in Vermont and Pa in taxes with a lot less land and house to boot).

My FIL was a lifer from Vermont (family came over to Vermont in the early 1700's). Spent 30 years a power lineman dealing with some very cold weather and loving it. They moved about an hour south of us about 3 years ago, and they are actually loving it and the weather. We were worried about my FIL as he is as Vermont as you'll ever get and we figured he may want to move back to Vermont because he'd miss the state. Never happened LMAO

Gun laws are relatively easy. With a CC permit I can walk into a gun shop and walk out the same day with any handgun or rifle I want. Can legally own suppressors as well. Open carry is legal but need CC permit for conceal carry. I can drive to pretty much any state other than DC, Maryland, Mass, NJ, NY, Rhode Island, Minnesota and California, and all those other states (not mentioned here) will recognize my CCW permit.

Point being above it's not like I have to live in fear on what I own when it comes to firearms.

I know, you've mentioned, NY is in your blood and you'll never move.

In the spirit of todays gun time though, I'm listing all of this in hopes that if anyone is just plain tired of living in a communist state when it comes to firearms (and less taxes to boot), I'm just trying to give gun lovers a reason to move south of the Mason Dixon line:D

I know, all the southerners are now screaming we don't need any more yankees!

Crap, if you still want high taxes and some crappy bone chilling winter weather 4 months out of the year AND still be able to own what you want when it comes to firearms, anyone living in the Fuhrer land (Mass, NY and Rhode Island) you can always move to central northern Pennsylvania:D

Please, no one from Jersey or Connecticut, or New York City move, stay right where you're at:laughing: Heck, I couldn't handle most people from Jersey when I lived in Pa, and when I lived in upstate NY, I wanted to wring most NYC tourists necks (some from Canada as well;))

Also note, I am still refered to as a **** Yankee after living in NC for 16 years now, but funny enough, the guy I bought my mower from is about as southern as I thought you could get, with heavy southern dialect to boot. Talked to my one buddy, a local farmer, and we were talking about the mower I was buying and he asked me where, and when I told him, he said "oh, that **** Yankee". Almost fell over dead. The guy (who I bought the mower from) moved down like when he was 3, been here in NC over 50 years, and someone else still called him a **** yankee:laughing: That said, my friend, the local farmer called the guy a good man even though he was a yankee LOL

Last edited: